Skip to content
Maintankadin

Warrior Blocking Mechanics: Posting to Beta Forums

Garath.Gorefiend
Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:38 pm
I dont think Modus is angry. Disappointed maybe, as I am.

Any and all simulations we have run show that Paladin mitigation is simply worse than warriors in every situation except in trash tanking.

And we dont excel all that much at trash tanking over warriors.

At the same time our health is lower.

The disappointment comes from blizzard not seeing this right off.

Face it, redoubt is weak and doesnt scale with gear or encounters.

We have no talent that matches the efficiency of warriors critical block combined with their shield block capability.

Nothing that makes up for our lower baseline mitigation or health.

Saying we are close is ludicrous, if they are looking at the mitigation differences from the right viewpoint.

If we are mitigating 85% of incoming damage and they are mitigating 87% of incoming damage, that is comparing 15% to 13%, which means we take 13-14% more damage. Thats not close.
_________________
Garath Lvl 70 Paladin, Gorefiend
moduspwnens
Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:18 pm
Well, I have a Warrior, and I like tanking on both classes, so there's no need for me to be angry or disappointed. I'd like to choose my Paladin simply because, yaknow, I got some memories on him, but it wouldn't break my heart to play my Warrior either. We'll see what happens.
_________________
PLEASE HELP ME TEST THIS: PHP WoW Tanking Simulator
Majiben
Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:36 am
But his statement is true.
_________________
Majiben