Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ghostcrawler

Worldie
Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:12 am
Considering there's still 2 months before the release of WotLK (assuming no delays)...
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Solitatis
Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:31 am
I dont think the warrior tank and the paladin tank should be equal. Tanking is about getting hit. How we maintain aggro, and how much my Shield will hit the mop, compared to a warrior, is at the end of the day, totally irrelavent, as long at the boss sticks to me. With this in mind I dont QQ every time bizzard makes a paladin change.

What does have me worried is the difference in avoidance on the t7 gear. But that can be fixed with a few gems here and there, and thb if that puts me a little under the warriors hp, then I wont WW about that either. That is how it is atm.

I have the option as a paladin to heal or despel (or even dps!) if it fits the situation, and that versitility has to come from some where.

So I would advice people to take a deep breath, and not read every change like: OMFG i cant tank with that. Trust me, you will. And if you scared that your guild wont bring you, then you are lacking tanking skills, and that have nothing to do with your talents.

I wouldent mind tanking beeing more skill based. give me a overflow of different abilities for different situations, so i can ajust to what is needed.

I love my paladin, and will tank in LK even if my shield dosent crit for 10k+ or some other ability does not do EXACLY what the warriors abilitie does. Will miss my bubble thou Sad
_________________
Thought without action is a daydream.
Action without thought is a nightmare.
Havn
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:00 am
Everyone on here likes to throw out the "thats just your guild leave it find a new one" card. In most guilds the shortcomings of a class are brought up when you are butting your head up against a new boss.

They could be your best friends people you have played with since the game started but it will still come up. If we aren't very close to equal in the tanking game then they will bring the other tank.

The next argument will be something like Skill > class. Yeah cept when you are in a good guild where all the tanks are very good at the game.

It will be very hard on paladins if we are at the bottom in most categories for wotlk. The perception will be set and even if we slowly get fixed the perception will stay.

Of course there is still plenty of time and we have to wait and see what happens. Lets hope it all works out.
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho'gall&n=Havn
Vanifae
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:06 am
I am a tank in my guild and we have three to four solid tanks, skill shows; I am not saying we are super equal but we are not so far behind that bringing a paladin tank in live will cripple your progression. If I lose my position it is because I started to suck not because the game held me back, that is the way it should be.

Now I am not saying things are equal between all tanks but I am saying that I do not ascribe to that way of thinking because if that is the case I would have quit playing this tank a long time ago.
_________________

Fizzgig
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:10 am
Ditto with Van,

Those little percentage points only matter if you're seriously talking about a top 10-20 guild, from there on out (in live) if you die on a boss/progression something else went wrong. The gap has closed considerably since BC started and its only closing more. Wrath gives them a chance to finish the gap, report what you see if there is one. Reading the boards makes me sad lately.
_________________