Skip to content
Maintankadin

"Tanking in Wrath of the Lich King" -- blue post

Lore
Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:17 am
I would like to remind everyone that, although this is a primarily Tankadin board, intolerance toward other classes is not permitted.
_________________
Those who died are justified.
Mortehl
Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:46 am
I hope the latest blue post will calm down the hanky stomping, hippy, liberal, less-then-manly element?
_________________

BLIZZARD I LOVE YOU <3 The new prot stuff is AWESOME Very Happy

(Please increase the damage redux on Imp RF and we're complete)
Rorshach
Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:18 pm
In terms of tanking equality, and since I am not in the beta I am asking this question of those who are . . .

Are we still getting a 16% stamina boost to the warriors' 10%?

If so, that fact alone could provide more equalization at level 80 as well, seeing as our gear will be more shared/similar with the warriors than ever before, unbuffed/untalented stamina levels should be equivalent, then we win by 6% minus their starting base health advantage (whatever it is, like 1400 or something?).
_________________

Encore of Illidan
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Worldie
Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:09 pm
We are still getting the same stamina we got in TBC.

Unless at lvl 80 paladin have a ridicolously low base HP pool, we will outhealth any warrior, including Taurens.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Dantriges
Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:02 pm
Little bloodelves tougher to break than the big beef? Laughing

Well Alliance side, tough dwarves and big draenei.look ok for me. Cool
Nerfage
Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:26 pm
I'm not really happy with the job of being an off healer. You either bring enough healers or you don't. Though I will grant that another healer often makes the pure healers job easier.

I've MT'd for my guild(s) for quite a while now (before 2.3), my opportunity was made by knowing my stuff, tanking a BM for an officer, and the generosity/RL issues of the current MT at the time. I've fought for the Tankadins cause, and have changed many peoples minds about them. I've even inspired several people to create Tankadins.

I love tanking. But I feel I need to step down now and again, to let other people get the needed experience. I've always done DPS when I do this, and I cringe every single time.

Like I've said to my guildies, the day they nerf prot is the day I spec ret.

WotLK ofc isn't a nerf, but I'm seriosly thinking about making my pally ret and running with a DK. If only because it fits me personally better to DPS when I'm not tanking.
Nich
Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:26 am
Thought I'd throw these up: