Skip to content
Maintankadin

What dual Spec are you getting?

Grimmal
Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:10 pm
PvE Ret and PvE Holy (with Beacon for 10s)

I enjoy all of the trees for Paladins (which is why I'm here btw), but with the rise of the tank in the coming expansion I'm thinking Holy will be more groupable. Add in PvE Ret for general leveling and questing.
Somrael
Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:33 pm
Prot + PvP Ret. My guild has two other pallies, one of whom is going Holy/Ret, and the other has a druid main and I couldn't say what he's doing. But my guild goes through periods of frenzied activity, on every night, knocking out instances right and left and raiding until the wee hours, and doing *nothing*, during which it's nice to have BG's to fall back on. With these two specs, I'll be able to enjoy the full spectrum of WoW as I currently do without spending money to respec constantly. =) (Not to mention I don't think PvP Ret will be too shabby as a PvE DPS build when we need it).
_________________
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato
Meliora
Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:49 pm
Ret & Holy PVE, no one else is stepping up to do it and I want to make sure I can keep my raid spot. Will pick up all the prot gear I can and perhaps down the road get to go back prot.
_________________
AutomaticZen
Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:08 pm
Prot + PVE Holy

Heal if I can't tank.
ScribeShanky
Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:18 pm
Definitely Prot+PVP Healing.

With the changes to Holy Paladins, level 80 Arena could be very, very fun.
_________________
I just love it when a good keikaku comes together.
fuzzygeek
Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:56 pm
If we get dual specs with no CD, I'll be prot-with-kings and prot-without-kings. If no one else in the raid/party has kings, I can switch specs, buff kings, then go back to non-kings spec.

Win.

Of course, I'll probably be prot/prot anyway.
_________________
TheHonage
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:18 pm
I dps'd some when I first hit 70 on one of my other paladins for the guild I will be in (my maintankadin was 1-70 prot, and rarely respecs, he MT's through curator on his first night being 70 ;P <3 BOEs?). So I'm asked to DPS when I'm not MTing and that'll be my duel spec.
dromanex
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:56 pm
i said prot+pve heal... but to be specific it will be a 51/0/20 build with efe.

ill be using the holy build for pvping, but i love the crit from ret soo much i just couldnt care less for the typical pvp goodies in prot.
_________________
Protection for life! (0/47/14)
"Normal people are the ones you don't know very well."
Zargon
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:05 pm
Personally, I'm gonna be going MT Prot/PvE ret just for the fact that i suck nuts at healing, never could actually get the hang of it. That, and I've always been a damage dealer at heart, so going ret just seems like the right choice short of going shock.
Levantine
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:04 pm
PvE Holy and PvP Shadow

I'M IN UR PALADINZ FORUMZ, BEIN' ALL PRIESTLY.
_________________
Rinforza
私の名前を呼んで
砕けるくらい抱いて
Knaughty
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:20 pm
MT w. Kings + PvE Ret.

25-man progression raider. Will mostly tank, but if it's a single tank fight better suited to other class, I'd rather pull out a 2-h and DPS than heal.

Also gives me a spec to quest with and have some fun.

I don't PvP much... if I did, I'd probably do BGs as prot spec and run the flag (and kill rogues).
_________________
Invisusira is mean and horrible! *plots kitten theft*
Korath
Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:45 pm
I'll prob be doing MT / OT specs as I have a 2nd pally who (currently lvl 60) who will be Ret PVE / PVP specs.
_________________


.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.