Skip to content
Maintankadin

teh macroz

Rofladin
Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:35 am
Why is Consecration so maligned now? I've been watching Recount, and Consecration is a huge part of my damage and threat. Maybe I'm just poorly geared, and as we approach 80 it will become less important, but right now it's very important.

Messing around with the target dummy, I got something like 20% damage from Consecration, 20% from SoV, 20% from white damage, 15% from HotR, 10% from Judgement... Perhaps I'm way off base and misremembering, but I think that's fairly accurate. That's single target damage, which will mirror what we'll see on boss fights. In AoE situations Consecration goes through the roof. On trash pulls it's phenomenally powerful.

I'll try again and get some fresh data. It's only at level 70, but hopefully it will shed some light on it. I know that ShoR becomes a very important part of our damage and threat when we get it, but from what I have seen it only just passes Consecration as a portion of our threat.

Edit: Okay, I just tested on the level 70 target dummy in Silvermoon City on the PTR. This is not ideal, because it doesn't account for reflected damage from Holy Shield or Retribution Aura.

My method was to go in with a normal threat rotation, minus Holy Shield, and sustain it until I was completely OOM. I used HotR, JoW, SoV/C, and Consecration. I repeated this test seven times. Here were my results for damage done, as provided by recount:

Norrath
Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:29 am
They are better TPM, but they are NOT better TPS.
_________________

Candiru
Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:58 am
Holy Wrath and Consecration are both AoE, so why the target limit?

Does Holy Wrath suffer from AoE damage caps at ~ 10 targets?
_________________
Rasmfrackn
Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:43 pm
I'm more than likely wrong, but...

I know you can't make conditional macros, and they gave us castsequence, but can you not simply make a fallthrough macro, since everything has a cooldown?

What I mean is, what happens if you make a macro that looks like this?
Velgarn
Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:55 pm
Actually, it's quite possible that would work. I know it did for my warrior with MS/BT and HS. Though I've never tried it with more abilities than that.
_________________
Rasmfrackn
Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:14 pm
It seems like you could prioritize everything in the order of TPS, and do "pretty well" but not optimal.

That's a lot of different cooldowns cycling over each other, and just like a recent thread on the oforums, having cooldowns come up at the same time is going to be a noticeable loss of output.
_________________
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Nuclearseal
Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:46 pm
so does any one have a valiable macro used in aggro output?

i see a lot of them... Smile (macros) but the best is?
Omatre
Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:22 pm
I never could get used to macro spamming. Granted, that concept may change, but having all my talents in one button to me almost seems too reliant on the game to do it for you.

I'll play with it and see how I like the concept, but, I've never been a 1-2 button person.

in TBC I used the following key setup:
1. SoR with judgement
2. SoL w/ Judge
3. SoW w/ Judge
4. SotC w/ Judge
5. Holy Shield
6. Consecrate
7. Hammer Time (oh oh oh, here comes the Hammer)
8. Hammer of Justice
9. Exorcism
0. Avengers Shield
=. SoV w/ Judge

Maybe I just have a better finger movement from playing FPS for god knows how many years, but to me, using 1 key would I think be more troublesome than not, I'd feel almost tied to a single concept, and not feel so in control of my own actions I guess.

Maybe its just me Rolling Eyes
_________________