Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mitigation Comparisons – 4 tanks

Sëryph
Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:39 pm
New Update, easier to see whats happening with DS. Also added parry haste accounting, and DW.


Excel 2007

Open office Calc
_________________
Seryph 70 Palladin
Aablaine 70 Druid
Tantlin Soon To Be Death Knight
ziggyunderslashone
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:54 am
Current Status



Removed the proposed sott change, until it arrives I think it's important to illustrate "something" extra is needed. I still maintain that it should be something more interesting than a flat modifier.
Zironic
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:16 am
Looking at your chart:

DK:
Your avoidance is a weee bit high considering your raw value is equal to pally/war
Bear:
You're just better then pally/war at everything
Pally/War:
Equal enough that I don't really care
ziggyunderslashone
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:37 am
One thing I'm looking to add (I keep coming up with things to build, I suspect I'm doing more theory than playing at the moment) and was pointed out to me the other day, is parry haste. There was a good thread on ej some time ago that worked out an average haste per proc over a period. With all the parry and a physical based strike system, dks would lose more than the others I'd assume.

edit: maybe another sheet though, lots of external data needed there.
Deathwing
Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:58 am
Ziggy,

I noticed in your spreadsheet that you have a 6% modifier on STA and STR for a frost dk. Are you assuming frost tanks are getting Veteran of the Third War? Most frost specs I've seen aren't:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jcEZGgxzIcd0hRVosx0g

Also, you should add the glyph component for UA, I don't see any frost tank not using that.

Last thing, why would DK's suffer more from an enemy's chance to parry haste? Wouldn't a 2H and Rune Strike favor DK's?
Deathwing
Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:19 am
Sounds like calculating flurry cycles Wink

Beware, though, DK's most likely get a bye from this whole circular parry haste thing because of Rune Strike, which should up and used every white attack.
Sëryph
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:35 pm
Ok take a look at the parry haste in this version, I believe it should be pretty accurate.

Excel 2007

Open office Calc
_________________
Seryph 70 Palladin
Aablaine 70 Druid
Tantlin Soon To Be Death Knight