Skip to content
Maintankadin

Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

stormknight
Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:27 am
I have bs/eng at the moment. Probably, I will keep them but thinking about to remove eng and get something else like jc or ins. Not sure yet, I will decide that while levelling.

Edit: And between, thanks for topic, very nice one. Smile
_________________


Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Dantriges
Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:43 am
Jewelcrafting/mining atm. I think I stay this way for some time. Mot sure how much time I have to level my alts, so I can support myself. Not best choice probably but I think can live with that..
Angelus
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:46 am
This has been a good read, I had been struggling over this decision a lot.

Atm I'm thinking JC/BS is the way to go.

BS easily beats out Enchanting. The enchanting bonus is worth two blue-quality stam gems. Not only does BS match that by giving you two gem-slots, you have the option to invest that item value into Defense Rating instead if you choose(or eventually surpassing it with epic gems).

...and I just had a sudden realization in the middle of typing this post. I've been comparing the Ench 48 bonus stam to three Solid Dragon Eyes...but that's not a fair comparison.

Without the solid Dragon Eyes, I'd use Solid Sky Saphire. So it's actually Enchanting's 48 bonus stam compared to JC 51 bonus stam.

Go even further....assuming we can upgrade to epic gems within a reasonable amount of time and use Solid Majestic Zircon.
Enchanting's 48 bonus stam compared to JC 33 bonus stam.

However...JCing wins HUGE points for it's trinkets. Yeah, they're only blue-quality but as I'm looking through WoWhead; I don't see any other trinkets with gem-slots. How long would these trinkets last? Will there eventually be epic JC trinkets?

So in other words...I'm right back where I started. The only thing I've decided is to drop either JCing or Enchanting for Blacksmithing, I just have no idea which. This was meant to be a post on my opinion but it turned into more of a personal brainstorm. I even know some of it has already been mentioned, the big picture just didn't click in my brain at the time.

Well played Blizzard...
Zironic
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:58 am
If i was you I'd just keep JC/enchanting unless you have them on another char.

What you forget to consider is that those two professions make metric tons of cash. I have over 10k gold stashed for the expansion and I haven't grinded once, and that's from disenchanting alone.
mirkodeluxe
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:04 am
I dont know.. I have mining/engineering atm and I dont really feel like changing yet. I would like to see something better than mutually exclusive engineering "enchants", something that provides a unique buff. Otherwise I might aswell drop it for Enchanting, blacksmithing or leatherworking that each give unique buffs.
Engineering still sounds like fun, but being pragmatic about my role as tank I want to have professions that improve my tanking. It used to be the goggles, now its.. what?
_________________
Zironic
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:05 am
Still googles
2ndNin
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:20 am
See I have the brilliant plan to stay miner till 80... cause if I don't I will have to buy the minerals Sad. Need a spare alt or 3.
_________________
Armoury Link

daemonym
Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:19 am
to me it seems with the max your potential view point, JC/LW seems to be the best combo. unless the extra meta gem slot gets put in for BS of course. JC gets you loads of extra stamina and best in game gems along with a wide range of bop trinkets. with LW giving you an extra 90 stam to your bracers this beats out (i think) 2 extra gems from BS.

currently i'm enchant/engineer which i'll be staying with as i level and see where things stand then. if engineering doesn't get anythign that as lasting as the tankatronics were i'll drop it, and enchanting just to DE my quest rewards.
_________________
"Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&n=Daemonym
70 shadowmoon 0/49/12
DeadMilliken
Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:13 am
I plan to stay Engineering / Mining.

#1 both are profitable and help fund me being a tank. Mining also helps grind Engineering when the mats are sky high early on Wink

#2 500hp free is nothing to scoff at. Several of the very expensive crafting professions can't even claim 500hp in value from start to finish.

#3 I've always enjoyed Engineering....yes I absolutely agree its weak right now. However, Blizzard has always buffed Engineering when its weak "eventually". I fully expect this to continue.

#4 Instant cast grenades rock soooo hard.