Skip to content
Maintankadin

Thoughts on playstyle changes! Crazy Ivan Tanking?

Ranluka
Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:43 pm
honestly the threat output has been so high, I've been useing wisdom on trash %.%
_________________

10 points to anyone who can spot the pun.
Torquemada
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:42 am
With BoSanc up, the only time I'm running OOM is if I didn't pull enough or it's a pull full of casters. With casters I just grin and bear it. With anything else I just pull more. I'm sure as Hell not taking enough damage if I'm OOM. Hooray for clearing BT trash without any CC.
_________________
majorwoo
Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:58 am
yeah, its a get used to it thing imo. i wouldn't teach myself to use the pp button because i couldn't use it during a fight (though I admit my first thought was a pp button as well)
_________________
Questioner
Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:36 am
You can macro the /in function to your seal. This will whisper you when there is 10 seconds left on your seal.

/cast Seal of [sealname]
/in 110 /w [yourname] Seal down in 10s!


Don't actually use the brackets. Very Happy

*Disclaimer...I am not 100% on the usage, and not at my WoW computer atm, but it is very similar and works.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Myndle
Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:05 pm
Because there's no real reason to tie a particular seal to a particular judgement.

For example, when I tank I have hotkeys for SoL, SoC, and SoW, and swap between them from fight to fight or even mid-fight depending on what is going on.

Separate from that, I choose to judge wisdom or light (or justice, but very rarely) based on what is going on and whether other paldins in the raid are assigned to one, the fight's demands, etc.

If I wanted the same flexibility while macro'ing judgements to seals, I'd have to have 2*3 = 6 hotkeys to cover the options....or 9 if I really wanted to take Judgement of Justice into account.

I recommend Power Auras. I've just started tapping its potential, in the simplest way possible, by having it display a graphic around my toon when I have SoC, SoL, or SoW up (differentiated by color), so it is obvious if one falls off.

When I want to get smarter I'll modify it to change the aura when one is about to expire, or flash an aura when one is close to expiring, which I believe is possible.
apolana
Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:09 pm
You should be able to tie in key modifiers as well to get a different seal/judgment.
Pizbit
Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:18 pm
I use Cork for all my buff reminders.
The bonus is it works great for all my other toons as well!
I was using corkfu before and tankadin, but now I just use Cork ^_^

http://www.tekkub.net/addons/cork
_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.