Skip to content
Maintankadin

What dual Spec are you getting?

Ascendant
Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:45 am
prot + pvp ret

because I will actually be doing arenas. pvp ret is good enough to dps fights that I wont be tanking.
Isha
Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:49 am
I'll go with Prot+Ret PvE...
makes me feel less useless when not tanking compared to my sucky healing ;P
_________________
Nalyn
Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:45 am
Prot / Ret, at this point, I'm not totally sure whether it's going to be pvp or pve ret though, depends on the group and how fast I pull agro I guess, ie, whether, or not, I really need fanaticism for pve.
balrogg
Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:52 am
honestly, i sort of feel the nerfbat coming to ret. why? i ran a kara last night on my hunter (full t6, golden bow of quelthas, etc) and testing survival spec, i was pulling 1.2-1.5k dps (yeah it sucks, pre 3.0 bm put out much higher dps, and bm got buffed, but i have to say the replenishment was amazing). kind of disappointing, but the numbers are amusing to watch. we also happened to have a ret pally in our group, with a s2 sword and mostly blue gear. he was putting out between 1.1-1.3k dps consistently, toward the higher end on trash, lower end on bosses. i got on my own pally to try it out, im geared with a s2 sword, 1.9k ap, 25 crit, and was pulling 2k+ divine storm crits, without vengeance up. no, im not saying ret pallies shouldnt be doing dps, or they are op, its more of a realistic evaluation of how much dmg they are putting out, and how ridiculous it really is. given the utility of ret pallies in raids, part of me wants to qq about how unfair the huge dmg upgrade is, but i say take advantage while you can. my only question is, what kind of dps can a t6+ pally sustain (although part of me is scared to ask).

ps - my pally will be prot + ret for pvp. i do like healing, but nothing beats the flashing lights and big numbers from ret.
Grothnir
Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:23 am
Most likely two specialty tank specs (10-man with Kings, 25-man without)

Alternatively, I might go prot and PVE Ret if we end up not needing dual tanking specs because of group make-up. But I've never enjoyed Ret (or any melee dps class besides warrior) so that might not fly, anyway.
Velgarn
Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:40 am
I don't really PvP much, so it's down to two PvE specs. So, if I wanna be an ass, it'll be two tank specs - no good reason to not let me MT everything then. rofl

But more likely, it would be MT spec + Ret DPS spec so I can switch jobs based on the fight mechanics.

I would switch to tank / heal if it was needed for some reason - blood boil 3.0, Archimonde 3.0, or some such where it's more about surviving than DPS'ing. We'll see how encounter design goes.
_________________
Gruno
Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:58 am
MT and PVE Ret.

As with several others, I always hated the lolret stigma and have seriously enjoyed the massive upgrade they got in damage/utility. I'm running around in seriously ghetto gear and doing decent damage with the patch now live.

Given I usually act as raid leader MT for most of the guilds content (10mans) I need to be dynamic enough to step up in a dps role as well. I'd rather not do pally healing, if I'm really needed to heal it is with my priest anyways.
_________________
Gruno - Exodar