Skip to content
Maintankadin

AoE farming in WotLK

rodos
Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:55 pm
Regular BM trash will get you about 100k (rested) for a full clear at lvl 70. I did in 4 pulls because I'm not passively uncrushable (T4/ZA/badge gear) and I was wary of the poisons. However, SoL/JoL was enough to keep me close to full the whole time, so once I re-enchant/re-gem for more defense after 3.0.2 I'm going to try for 2 or even 1 pull.

I think I'll probably grind to 71 or 72, then hit the Northrend quests which should be super-easy. Hopefully I can finish up Northrend with a zone or two to spare for cash -- it worked pretty well for my priest that way in Outland.
_________________
Guillex
Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:06 pm
Ok. So. This is OP.

Seriously.

Fucking.

OP.


I was in the Dark Iron Mines south of the Expedition Point in Howling Fjord ... BoSanc up, SoL, HS, HotR ... There's a never-ending stream of dwarves near where you complete the Thunder quest.

I burned through 3 bars of rested, and a bar and a half of regular xp in a mere hour.

I didn't have to drink or move once, never got below 50% mana, and I didn't have the FotC equipped. I could barely loot everything in time.

This is going to be a favorite spot of mine from now on.
_________________
Official thread killer

Galoheart
Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:22 pm
Try 600-700k a hour with a fully rested XP bar at 78 and that is with full server lag in Beta.
_________________

http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.

"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Tyaera
Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:54 pm
Protection grinding is very very good in WotLK, but if you have even a halfway decent Retribution set, with the current state of Ret it is silly not to respec to level as Retribution.
_________________
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Garwin
Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:53 am
just west of the riplash strand theres a large area with floating monoliths that drop large 20+ groups of ghouls and abomination type mobs.

in the middle of it all it's got a named litch bloke which I left alone .. but all his summoned muppet buddies (some of them level 74)

they all died...

they kinda slipped and fell over and didn't get up

unfortunatly they didn't give me any xp.

I'm tier 5/6 badge geared though. used light to muscle through the tougher abominations
Eanin
Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:10 am
I was fiddling around on test, and I found the most efficient way to do this was to bless sanctuary, seal light and judge light on one mob at a time. Full mana and health after every fight. It was amazing.
_________________