Skip to content
Maintankadin

"The Ranged Slot"

Worldie
Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:51 am
Well it's not like a libram similar to Shahraz sucks honeslly, double purpose of mitigation and threat, warriors can't have anything close to that in their ranged slot, just flat HP.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Havn
Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:54 am
I believe the same line of thought is happening with this expansion. They want every tank to be able to tank any boss. They want us to be equal. It just seems like they talk a lot about being almost equal or very close.

These people aren't stupid. If they wanted us to be equal they could make us equal easily. We might see another expansion where they want Warriors to have the edge.

I really hope that isn't true but from the comments so far it seems like a possibility for sure.
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho'gall&n=Havn
Murbella
Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:12 am
I'll never understand why they dont merely copy the stats from a gun like that and throw them on a libram. Of the many problems we face, this seems like the easiest one to fix. Sure, cool abilities like the block librams are fun and stuff, but many times they dont compare to straight stats. At the very least it would be nice to have the option.
Arthaal
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:29 am
Librams: have always been balls compared to flat range slot "stat sticks"... witness DPS guns or throwing weapons vs our amazing (and amazingly impossible to farm) blue +2% crit for 5s after a judgement libram... I appreciate the effort of trying to make fun mechanics on those slots to ad flavour to every class, but frankly, when the flat stats on a range slot or better than something I have to "keep up" with abilities I feel cheated all around.

Base stamina: why is this even still a concern? It's an easy fix, just do it already. At this point you'd have to lie firmly on the side of stupid to not realize even trivial differences in things like stamina and flat mitigation (hello defensive stance vs improved righteous fury) are enough to sideline a tanking class in the minds of the general wow populace (whether justified or not... anyone ever run th math on what 4% really meant on an average hit? It's not that terrible, but hey, we're min/maxing, right?)

Our 11 point talent will be a Last Stand abiity (they handed one to druids in T3, we'll get the same treatment I'm sure.)

Redoubt: I still hate this talent... I'll take it for the extra BV, but the proc mechanic is just not nearly as exciting as Critical Block or Shield Block to my mind.... woohoo, I block 10%, awesome. Now get me some beer and a dooby and I can really get to partying.

Feature Request: After seeing the new Veteran of the Third War DK blood talent (2/4/6% increase in stam/strength and 2/4/6 more expertise)... can we change our Combat Expertise to that? Strength instead of Crit please, since extra mitigation from a deep prot talent makes too much sense.
_________________
Lest we forget what people power can achieve
moduspwnens
Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:20 pm
Well, at least now we'll either be equal tanks or get to see two posters eat shoes. It's a win-win, now.
_________________
PLEASE HELP ME TEST THIS: PHP WoW Tanking Simulator