Skip to content
Maintankadin

BS or Eng in WotLK

Worldie
Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:04 am
Tailoring is the winner, clearly FLYING CARPET > ALL
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
daemonym
Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:33 am
currently enchanter/engineer and it's looking like i'll be staying that way. however once 80, depending on the bop creations, i may drop enchanting for BS or LW. if the bop items from BS are pretty sweet and not retarded hard to get ill take it. my logic is a bit fail on why i'm staying with engin/enchant for the mean time, but here it is.

engineering: fackin goggles baby! granted the price to max the skill is ludicrous, but once that's taken care of the return is totally worth it from the goggles so you arnt totally slacking on being a tank for some fun toys. the stam/tank trinkets look quite nice and so are the new bombs (goblins ftw). Also if the "eternals" are as profitable for me as the primals are, it's a fun/crafting/gathering profession rolled into one.

enchanting: while lvling up to 80 i'll be keeping this, if nothing else it will double my quest rewards (xp+money+de mats) and with all the random greens i find it also makes a good chunk of change once it's maxed and it's very conveinant.
_________________
"My reality hurts"
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&n=Daemonym
70 shadowmoon 0/49/12
Rachmaninoff
Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:21 am
does anyone know if there are any BS plans in naxx? and is it true there are some new spell dmg weapons too??

my only thing with the JC trinkets is, these are blues... what are we going to see for epics? are the JC ones going to be better? or are the boss drop ones going to be better?

I don't have access to many wow sites... yay work!
_________________
BIG HANDS

Conaan!
Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:28 am
personally im sticking engineering/herbalism, especially with the rise in flask/mana pot prices on my realm, it helps to be able to farm them, and the self heal (1200 over 5 seconds) will help with leveling or low level dungeons (when you get that priest who lost his healing button), Engineering will provide great benefits if the grenades still work, for dhawk during bear runs i bring grenades to help pick up birds that get past me (resists/misses etc etc).

with eng/herb, you can farm very effectively, gathering herbs AND motes at same time.
_________________
Conaan, 70 0/49/12 prot pally <Replaceable Parts> "we fit together like cheap chinese toys"
Drak
Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:34 am
I plan on going BS/JC and then making my Hunter ENG/Mining. Only thing I'm really losing is the goggles, but there are some nice BS helms anyway. I figured having eng on my hunter would benefit him more with all the bullets and guns and whatnot, and if I really need injectors or something I can make them on him.
_________________
Kellern
Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:36 am
i'm sticking with engineering

because i'm going to be sat on a BADASS HOG no matter what.
_________________

Moonlight - Argent Dawn EU
Sunstrider
Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:08 am
Herbing/mining/Profit professions thats for alts to take care.

Was enchanting/engineering and both have been dropped. Leveling up blacksmithing now along with mining, once I reach 80 and have maxed out blacksmithing I'm gonna drop mining because I can start leveling one of my alts who has mining, and pick up either JC or LW depending on which becomes stronger. The exclusives are the big picture, and the goggles are something I intend to replace through raids anyhow. What can't be replaced are exclusive sockets on bracers or gloves, plus whatever other bonuses might be coming blacksmiths way.
_________________
Mouse
Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:24 pm
The Hog is Eng crafted, BOE, in case this hasn't been posted.
_________________
EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
70 BE Prot Pally

Mousetasche <Attrition> Cho'Gall
70 Orc Destruction Lock