Skip to content
Maintankadin

Filling In the Gaps

Rom
Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:17 pm

Minor tweaking

I would think the easiest way is to change two of our protection tree talents to have a bit more "umphh!":

~ Sacred Duty (2 ranks) from 3/6% stamina increase to 4/8% stamina increase
~ Combat Expertise (3 ranks) from 2/4/6% stamina increase to 3/6/9%

With those two talent changes, the gap would narrow by a decent amount. If you factor in Improved Devotion Aura, our disadvantage is even less noticeable (we would have more fluctuations in our health bar, but be fairly close on survivability if the healers are on the ball)

If tankadins need more tweaking, they can add stamina to the tanking librams.
snowwight
Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:23 pm

Re: Minor tweaking

While we're posting fantasy changes, I found this interesting: Back in the alpha, they never finished our talent trees. They told us that they start with the classes like warriors to get the baseline, then work from there. I guess that's something hopeful. Well, I was bored and decided to list what I would do to add to the talent trees and new spells. What we got was actually frighteningly similar (remember, I wrote this up when we had nothing in Alpha):

Richter
Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:58 pm
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a major compilation of all the things the devs need/should adress in order to put us on par with warriors, dk etc. at the moment in the paladin forum, would be nice if someone with access to it could do something like this, in particular things like the missing base HP, base dmg reduction through RF, bonus HP/avoidance through the "missing" gunsslot, 5000 blocks compared to 1700 blocks, which to me are more inportant in a 5 min fight than over the length of 10.000 hits like the simulator showed. Spell interrups/ reflections, silence effects, mana burns etc., the recent change to their str. talent, putting warriors at about equal total str to us even tho we get more strengh through gear, from the looks of it at least.

While I know, neither want to get the exact same skills I don't think we are where we need to be to in order to perform equally good right now.
_________________
Orms
Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:09 pm
heres an idea to fix the HP imbalance, how about something like this attached to a current talent like argent defender deep in the prot tree:
You gain 2 stamina for ever one level.

At level 80 that's 160 stamina, with talents = ~179 stamina. Since we're lacking ~1900 HP at level 80 this would balance it out pretty well I would think. We would still have a better modifier to stamina than warriors, but they would still have a better flat % reduction to damage taken so it would probably be pretty close to balanced.

Also, maybe another cool talent for paladins would be "Improved sheild" 2 point talent, increases the armor, block value, and all stats on your curently equip sheild by 5/10%