Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking Classes Compilation for WotLK - Last update 17 OCT

snowwight
Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:30 am
You might want to add something about the new threat coefficients. It's 271.32% for holy damage, 142.8% for regular for paladins. 207% for bears and warriors, and probably death knights as well.
_________________
Tankadin since before it was a good idea
TokenElf
Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:32 am

ABout infected wounds...

Not to be nitpicky, but in your commentary about infected wounds you say Priests, Paladins and mobs can dispel.

Shaman have always been able to dispel diseases too. Could you add them in? They have cure disease and cure disease totem. It pulses every 5 seconds and removes 1 poison effect from a stack. Which means it will drop a 3 stack to 2.

I wouldn't complain, but after seeing hunters forget about our UR buff and refer to DKs and MM spec as the people doing it, I'm starting to feel like my poor "soon to be ex" main is feeling forgotten.

This is an excellent guide. Very helpful. Thanks.
Kellann
Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:21 pm

Re: Tanking Classes Compilation for WotLK - Last update 25 S

Post#1 corrections:
Vesper
Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:03 pm
Swipe and thunderclap are having their target limits lifted. squee!
Dantriges
Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:48 pm
Consecration still higher threat because of the debuff. I wonder if the warrior will be a prefered choice in hard aoe encounters. After every tank got aoe taning capabilities similar to ours, they can design some aoe mobs that can endanger you even without your healers falling asleep.
Elbryan
Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:38 am
I may have missed this if this item was brought up sorry if I did. With the changes in the upcoming patch to the prot tree, the change to Anticipation is not very amusing. That being said with a loss of 20 defense changed to 5% dodge. Where are we making up the loss of defense? Is 490 still going to be the norm? With the changes my defense goes from 512 to 473 in the PTR and I have no idea how I am going to make that up. I want to still raid and such before the expansion, just not sure how to make up for the defense loss without changing a bunch of stuff.

Here I am on the armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sisters+of+Elune&n=Elbryan
_________________
anerak
Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:01 am
playing around with the chardev 3.0.2 thing (was back on page 4 of this forum), i realized that i would have to do 3 +defense enchants, not just 2 Sad

thankfully that's only going to cost me 6 stamina with no regemming.

unfortunately, that only gets me to 491 defense, no where near the uncrittable level for 80.

i'm hoping to get unbreakable will in the mean time for that little extra oomph
_________________
I lurk.
Trammel
Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:16 am
What I meant was and maybe it isn't possible. Is if you currently have (lets just say) 530 defense you should be 490 when the patch is rolled out.. But then if only certain pieces of gear have defense reduced then there isn't a magic number by which you just told me Mad

This is the one time it pays to be a pack rat and not destroy any gear I have had previously.
_________________

Selinaria
Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:49 pm
A new buff for warriors just announced: