Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking Classes Compilation for WotLK - Last update 17 OCT

RunRabbit
Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:29 pm
Good reading Sartor Smile
_________________
- RunRabbit
edgeta
Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:03 am
Really nice post here, I'm brand new to pally tanking (Just lost one of our mains so I'm switching over from Holy) so I'm trying to learn as much as I can before the new patch comes out (no sense wasting gold by respeccing now when we get a free one soon).

My question is this...with Str being the new primary TPS stat, would anyone consider using crusader on their weapon over major SP for the occational 100 Str? or is a straight 40 SP going to be superior?
Vanifae
Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:41 am
Potency is another possible enchant that pulls double duty as threat increase and mitigation boost.
_________________

Naeldon
Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:36 am
Thanks mate Smile
Jeryia
Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:02 pm
Hello,
Holy Shield now scales with attack power. You may wish to add that. based on testing, I've come up with the equation below to determine the damage caused by holy shield.

Holy Shield damage = 158.9+0.0581*AP+.0903*SP

This data is accurate up to 1 point of damage as of build 8970 of the PTR.
_________________
durenas
Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:33 am
We will probably still want to use a spellpower weapon for threat. A high dps tanking weapon improves the power of hammer of the righteous, true, but a high spellpower weapon(like the one with 450 spellpower!) improves just about everything, and generates far more threat.
_________________