Skip to content
Maintankadin

Deathfrost enchant

Klaavas
Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:45 am

Where is our weapon?

Hey tankadins,

I have played a tankadin for a about a year now. I'm still loving it. Yes granted we have issues, but which class doesnt? And I can live with that. One thing though bugs me. i really really miss a tankadin weapon. Im tired of beeing stuck with maces, and switching to a tank sword during frenzys etc.

I have even done the Quel'serrar quest, just cause i love that kind of lore, and because its a very cool model.

Where is our questsword with 60ish dps, 200+SP/HD, defense rating, block rating etc.

I mean the only weapon designed for tankadins is the Crystalforged Sword, which isn't worthwhile past karazhan.


I'd love a follow up on the quel'serrar quest, make maybe two rewards for it, one for wars and one for paladins.

Am I the only one who feels like this?
_________________
/Klaavas
Songblade
Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:03 am
Oh trust me, I know how you feel, I mean, I'm stuck with the Bloodmaw Magus-Blade at the moment (which I won't lie, looks like a really cool tanking sword) that has spell crit on it. ><
_________________
Morganim
Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:21 am
Its in MH and ZA and Arena

+Dmg
+Hit
Stamina

tankadins dont need anymore stats on their weapons
_________________
Nicki
Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:43 am
And beyond?

Im looking at hammer of judgement and its a minimal TPS increase over amani punisher. I'd love to say tempest chaos or the reign of misery are upgrades but they are not!

Warriors have more than enough tank weapons and we have 1..crystalforged sword.
_________________
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Klaavas
Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:11 am
Morganim i know that, what I long for is a weapon designed for us.

Imo it cant be right that tankadins have to do alot of arena in order to get a worthwhile weapon.

Where is our kingsdefender with holy dmg and spell hit?

And yeah the maces from MH and now sunwell rocks for stats, but still its not a tankadin specific. Any SP/Ele shaman would love one too if I am not mistaken.
_________________
/Klaavas
Ulushnar
Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:16 am
We're never gonna get a drop that gives us a perfect tanking weapon, for the reason you mentioned: no other class would be able to make use it. Best we can hope for is a BoE, a quest reward or a badge hand-in.

I really do like my Amani Punisher, but if there was a weapon that took the int and spellhit from it and replaced them with dodge and defense, I'd be happy, since I could replace my Sun Eater with a weapon that wasn't gimped for threat.
_________________
A Hero desires a Sword, and a Sword desires Truth.

Klaavas
Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:25 am
Ulushnar: As much as i hate it, i am close to think that youre right. We arent going to see a tankadin specific weapon. But as you state, noone else will be able to use it, Look at all the warrior swords with str, stam, defense, dodge etc. Grated we can use them, will we? Sure if we get a trinket with 300 SP. So they are kinda specific to the warrior class. I have kings defender with me, and yes i use it from time to time(read once a week or so), and im sure thats the case with most tankadins.(correct me if im wrong)

Still i cant see what should hold blizz back in making a better weapon for us.
_________________
/Klaavas
Ulushnar
Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:37 am
Yes, but the "tanking weapon" has been a part of Blizzard's itemisation since the early days. Maybe we'll see attitudes change to a point that Blizz will realise that a better tankadin weapon solution is required.

Then again a Warrior tanking weapon will always see more use than a Paladin one. DPS warriors are still more common in raid groups than Retadins, and their tanking utility is significantly better than a Ret. Once an MT has his new tanking toy, the DPSers can always grab one in case they're needed to OT at some point. But groups with more than one raiding Protadin are rare.
_________________
A Hero desires a Sword, and a Sword desires Truth.

Korath
Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:27 am
The ZA mace is still nice for tanking, spell hit is still useful for us Smile but as Ulu has said and others agreed... to have a boss drop something that is only a real use for Tankadins isnt going to happen.

Cant see why they cant give us a badge reward tho, Arena weapons are just stupid... have blizzard tried arenas as prot?!
_________________


.::. Karak 70 Restoration Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Affliction Warlock .::.
.::. Silfen 66 Beast Hunter .::.
Warrender
Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:03 am
I don't want the most amazing tankadin weapon ever created; just a bone.

An epic version of Crystalforged Sword. Is it too much to ask that we get one weapon itemized just for us out of the thousands Blizzard will ever design?
_________________
Guillex
Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:01 am
They'd just need to up the iLvl to 123 or so, and fix the stats... Not that hard, but not many other classes would be able to use it, really.

So we're stuck trying to get caster weapons for now... Fang, s1/s2 mace, Punisher, The Lollipop, the new drop from Kael in the 5man...

It's kind of sad, really, but seeing as Blizz has slowly been imping changes to our gear itemization, perhaps it's only a matter of time before they get around to the weapons.

We can hope, right?
_________________
Official thread killer