Skip to content
Maintankadin

Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

Greddy
Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:48 pm

Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49487/purified-onyxia-blood-talisman/

Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman
Epic
Binds when picked up
Miscellaneous
Trinket
+15 Fire Resistance
Item Level 245
Equip: Increases your parry rating by 108.
Equip: Increases defense rating by 69.
Equip: Restores 101 health per 5 sec.


Do you guys think we gonna need fire resistance gear set?

I feel Blizzard are making a parody of a good trinket way back in vanilla wow.

Restore 101 health per 5 sec? what a waste of statpoints...
And no use-proc either.
KysenMurrin
Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

Go look at the rest of Onyxia's loot. They're all scaled-up versions of vanilla WoW gear, with the resistances just left on for flavour and not taking up item budget.

I'm not sure about the hp5 (as with the rest, it's there because it was on the original, just bigger), but it looks like this gets extra static stats out of the lack of an on-use, which should make it compare.
Grehn|Skipjack
Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

They just took what was already on the item and buffed it to ilevel 245, like almost all the other items in there. It's unknown whether they'll keep it that way, or change things around.
Ebbitt
Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Re: Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

it will be a good trinket for who is needing def to reach a cap, but i don't see it in a MT set over a stamina/armor or avoidance with EH/avoidance use.
gmf1
Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

The new Onyxia raid is not a progresion raid, the gear is not meant to be huge upgrades just fun.
Arnock
Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

Seems to be a trinket for troll warriors/druids
Melathys
Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:44 am

Re: Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

Seems to be a trinket for troll warriors/druids


not at all for druids. they don't need the def, and don't parry.
amh
Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:31 am

Re: Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

I would laugh a little if I saw a druid with this :)
Awyndel
Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

Although I really prefer 2x stamina trinkets, I do have to admit the avoidance on this thing is quite high.

I actually wonder if the ilevel is right if compared to a def/stam gem. Coz if stam is 1 and def 1.5 and parry 1.257 ( 85% ) then this one is like 241, while the stamina trinket has 192. DR will bring them much closer together though.
Viycktor
Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:13 am

Re: Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

Actually... my gear currently has a glut of dodge (to the point I should be gemming for parry), this may fit in pretty well...

edit: I thought it was a neck for some reason. (thinking about the Ony head quest rewards) As a trinket it may be decent as I still don't have a good +def trinket.

I'm hoping Ony will be like H ToC (and like she used to be) and puggable. So this will be a good replacement for either the nax +def trinket and the EoH trinket (Valor medal) for tanks who don't have Uld trinkets.
Awyndel
Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

Although if you would be running dual stamina trinkets, and willing to replace the lower one, the heart of iron, I will admit heart of iron looks rather weak compared to this trinket. Except for the fact it's an apple instead of an orange, but that aside the values on this one are insanely high.
Sonic
Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman

One of the few trinkets out there with double the tank stats instead of a proc or on use. While double stam trinkets is nice. It's sets you up for a big hit if you replace one. I have to say I really like this. I'd probably replace my Fervor of the Frostborn with it. The parry might not be as flashy as the dodge but the def gives you some points to play with via gear/enchants/gemming.

A good trinket to wear with resist gears ironicly enough too. I can toss out my repelling charge for hodir and whatever frost battles their will be in IC.