Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.2.2 changes and the DGC

Sigmela
Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:58 pm

3.2.2 changes and the DGC

Good Morning,

I was curious if anyone was testing out the Darkmoon Fair Greatness Card since the changes on the test server?
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42987

Incase anyone does not know the change: Touched by the Light now increases your spell power by an amount equal to 20/40/60% of your Strength. (Old - 10/20/30% of your Stamina)

It seems like this could be worth our while.

So for 15 secs you would get 300 strength which would give you 180 spell power proc has 45s internal cooldown

I was going to start working towards getting this but wanted to know other peoples opinions.

Thanks
Zaluthar
Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: 3.2.2 changes and the DGC

It will be very nice for threat. Also: Libram of Valiance...
halabar
Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: 3.2.2 changes and the DGC

If you can spare what your other trinket gives you, then ya, it will be very nice, but might not be up when you need it.
Salamandra
Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: 3.2.2 changes and the DGC

Keep in mind that even though it does make the trinket a bit better, 180 SP is a tiny amount of threat compared to 300 Strength.
Rhiannon
Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: 3.2.2 changes and the DGC

300 str with a 33% uptime is roughly equivalent to 100 str constant. So the card is ~190 constant strength.

190 * 1.1 * 1.15 = 240 strength after talents/buffs

240 strength with a 60% conversion = 144 SP

Using the stat values given by theck in his simulation, in the setup he was using, 11.6 SP gave about 5 TPS. So 144 SP = 62 TPS.

So sure, there's an increase, but I wouldn't get too excited about it, and I certainly wouldn't start wearing it in situations I wouldn't have prior to the patch. It was already a very strong threat trinket, but the conversion of str to SP will only boost its TPS contribution by 8% or so.
Macktruck
Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: 3.2.2 changes and the DGC

I use my DMC:G already when I'm doing my 5-mans. All for the lulz.
Wrathy
Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Re: 3.2.2 changes and the DGC

With the exception of Death's Choice, Greatness' Daddy, DMC:G is the best threat trinket you can have, you should be using it in your threat set in 5 mans, 10 mans, Naxx, Ulduar, and ToTC. It's not just a LOL I will use this in 5 mans trinket, its something you should be using any time you put your threat set on.

EDIT: assuming you are hit capped in your threat set (which you should be)