Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Black Heart

mlone
Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:39 am

The Black Heart

So, everyone <3 the 7k armour proc on this trinket, it's a pretty reliable 10 second effect every 1 min approximately (I know the ICD is 45 seconds, but just taking into account practical situations when you avoid hits)

How does this compare to the Ulduar trinkets? I am using heart of iron and the royal seal in most cases, switching in the furnace stone occasionally. I must profess that I lean more towards trinkets that can be activated as it gives me control of the effect, but I'm open to more opinions on whether this proc is good enough for me to swap it into my main set.
Invisusira
Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:31 am

Re: The Black Heart

Yeah, the proc is pretty amazing and pretty reliable. I'd be interested in seeing some maths comparison to, say, the Yogg10 trink.
Deepmine
Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:34 am

Re: The Black Heart

I just got it a few minutes ago. I like it, though I only ran the heroic with it so far. The only downside to it I can see right now:

The graphic for the proc is identical to Hand of Protection.

I almost lost it when it procced for the first time.
Exolaeth
Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:13 am

Re: The Black Heart

Deepmine wrote:I just got it a few minutes ago. I like it, though I only ran the heroic with it so far. The only downside to it I can see right now:

The graphic for the proc is identical to Hand of Protection.

I almost lost it when it procced for the first time.


>_> I tank Hodir with the Quel'serrar, because I can. And it freaks the fuck out of my healers, they're like, WHO THE HELL HOP'D THE TANK!? ;3
Zeruvar
Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:10 am

Re: The Black Heart

ahaha now theres a thought, gonna take out the old quelserrar and use the black heart together :)

too bad we dont have regular holy paly raiders, but im sure thats gonna give the other tankadin and retadins a heart attack haha
Velinda
Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: The Black Heart

Been farming ToC today and dropped allmost all the time ... nice drop rating anyways :shock:
Awyndel
Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: The Black Heart

Think i like the seal more, rather have 350 hp more buffed all the time, then 7K armor 20% of the time. EH wise that is ofc, not overall reduction.
Sigma
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:55 am

Re: The Black Heart

This trinket is awesome in PvP as prot or ret. I've had countless warriors waste their shattering throw, thinking I had BoP'd myself.
Vrimmel
Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:14 am

Re: The Black Heart

I've done TotC 10+ times now and havent seen it drop yet. So drop rating is random.
Barathorn
Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:26 am

Re: The Black Heart

Vrimmel wrote:I've done TotC 10+ times now and havent seen it drop yet. So drop rating is random.


Random drop as you say. The instance is simple enough to run anyway at least :).

Its a good trinket and it does 'appear' to proc an awful lot. I seem to have gained a huge amount of stamina since last wednesday so I am quite happy, even if two pieces now have sub par gems in them until I can get upgrades.

On a side note, beware the Peace Keepers Blade, it is a great sword but the lack of defense does really hurt if you are used to the RSoC.

Barathorn
Corman
Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: The Black Heart

I haven't worn double stam in a while but for giggles tried it out replacing my furnace stone as the proc, while uncontrolled, was fairly strong.

If it has an ICD of 45, I must have proc'd it consistently ... loved the BoP animation. I'm actually tempted to make it a permanent part of my maintanking set in place of the furnace stone but gotta figure out how bad my DTPS will suffer losing the dodge.
theothersteve7
Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Re: The Black Heart

It took me 24 runs to get it to drop. No joke. After about ten I started taking it as a personal challenge. Seven banners dropped while I was tanking, and I went through six healers. I am, however, now somewhat notorious among puggers on my server, especially since I soloed the last phase of the Black Knight from around 30%. :-D

I'm fairly certain that it's superior to the Furnace Stone, frankly I never really cared for on-demand armor anyway given that I tend to pop trinkets when my health is too low for it to matter. At any rate it's fun to have more HP than the guild death knight. I personally would take the yogg10 trinket over this regardless of your other gear though.

Scarab > Heart of Iron > Royal Seal > Black Heart > Furnace Stone > all, imo.
Dianora
Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: The Black Heart

Velinda wrote:Been farming ToC today and dropped allmost all the time ... nice drop rating anyways :shock:


Lucky you... I farmed that place for about 8 hours on 2 different characters. Seen it dropped 4 times. I got 2 of them, and one of my guild's other tank got one, and a ret pally got it for his prot set. The drop rate for me is actually fairly terrible.
KysenMurrin
Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: The Black Heart

Sigma wrote:This trinket is awesome in PvP as prot or ret. I've had countless warriors waste their shattering throw, thinking I had BoP'd myself.

I did Isle of Conquest a few times last night to see what it was like and I swear every single druid in there had the trinket.
Myself, I thought it was pretty funny the first time a pally attacked me, saw the graphic and turned and ran. :P They catch on quick, though.
Mert
Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:36 am

Re: The Black Heart

Have only done four runs so far as I've had guests and stuff since the patch but not seen it drop yet. Loving the proc though and did manage to get Mark of the Relentless from a heroic run along the way so it's not all bad. Since I lost out on the Heart of Iron and haven't seen the Royal Seal drop yet this is my "easiest" upgrade for Essence of Gossamer.

I hope I don't have to listen to them saying I'm a proud champion of Stormwind another 25 times, however...