Skip to content
Maintankadin

Changes to RD Glyph

Robob
Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:31 pm

Changes to RD Glyph

I was reading the patch notes this morning and I noticed they snuck in that the RD Glyph also effects the Hand of Sacrifice ability now. This is a problem for me beacuse I would have to go way under exp cap by dropping the SoV glyph to equip the RD one.
Do you guys believe being way under the exp cap will matter much now that they have changed the way SoV stacks and whatnot? I'm just trying to gauge how much actual TPS I would lose by switching out for the incresed % of taunt success.
Thoughts?
Honorshammer
Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Changes to RD Glyph

Robob wrote:I was reading the patch notes this morning and I noticed they snuck in that the RD Glyph also effects the Hand of Sacrifice ability now. This is a problem for me beacuse I would have to go way under exp cap by dropping the SoV glyph to equip the RD one.
Do you guys believe being way under the exp cap will matter much now that they have changed the way SoV stacks and whatnot? I'm just trying to gauge how much actual TPS I would lose by switching out for the incresed % of taunt success.
Thoughts?


Since we are gettinga 'real' cooldown, I'll probably drop Hand of Salvation Glyph for Righteous Defense and have

SoV (go back to Judgement if I get a Shiver or another tanking mace that puts me back over the dodge expertise cap)
DP
RD
Robob
Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Re: Changes to RD Glyph

That is true I forgot about the changes to AD so we get an auto-pop last stand every 2m or so right? Its just hard to consider dropping the salv glyph, little bugger has come in handy for hardmodes/oh shit situations
Braundo
Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: Changes to RD Glyph

Robob wrote:Its just hard to consider dropping the salv glyph, little bugger has come in handy for hardmodes/oh shit situations

I used to think that too, but since I started running with actual competent DPSers I've not found nearly as many situations where I feel that I can use the Salvation glyph safely. I've usually got someone riding right up behind me in threat, and although the extra cooldown is nice I often can't actually make much use of it.

I may be switching to the RD glyph, but we'll see. I'm drowning in hit rating so I haven't seen many taunts get resisted lately.
kanst
Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Changes to RD Glyph

Braundo wrote:
Robob wrote:Its just hard to consider dropping the salv glyph, little bugger has come in handy for hardmodes/oh shit situations

I used to think that too, but since I started running with actual competent DPSers I've not found nearly as many situations where I feel that I can use the Salvation glyph safely. I've usually got someone riding right up behind me in threat, and although the extra cooldown is nice I often can't actually make much use of it.

I may be switching to the RD glyph, but we'll see. I'm drowning in hit rating so I haven't seen many taunts get resisted lately.


I tend to carry around a bunch of salvation and righteous defense glyphs. In my guild the only fights I have found I am really able to use Salv is IC hard and 10 man algalon. Otherwise I tend to have DPS near 100% of my threat at all times.