Skip to content
Maintankadin

T9 for Conquest

mosa
Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:55 pm

T9 for Conquest

I have looked around and I can't seem to find a definite answer... Can you buy the base level of T9 gear for conquest badges? I have a guildy trying to tell me so.....
Salamandra
Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

You can get the 232 t9 for just Triumphs, the 245 t9 for Triumps + token, the 258 for just a token. The 245 token drops from Heroic 10-man and Normal 25-man, and the 258 token drops from Heroic 25-man.

None are available from Conquests. Conquest rewards as far as I'm aware don't change at all.
Honorshammer
Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

I had read that 232 and 245 were all Triumps and that 258 was Triumphs PLUS the token that only drops in Heroic 25 man.

I'll try to find the source.

This is what my Guild Master put on our forums.

I just wanted to go over some of this with everyone and get some feedback from yall:

TIER GEAR:
ILvL 232 - 10 man regular. Purchaseable with 50 emblems of Triumph each piece. There is no token drop.

ILvL 245 - 10 man Heroic / 25 man Regular. Purchaseable with 75 emblems of Triumph each piece plus 1 trophy of crusade ( drops in 10 man Heroic / 25 man Reg). NO TOKEN DROP.

ILvL 258 - 25 man Heroic. Purchaseable through Token drops only.
KysenMurrin
Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

What are the Triumph emblem drop numbers like? Seems like tier will take a long time to collect if you're having to save badges for every piece now. (Okay, 4-5 weeks of Heroic dailies and less with raiding, but still harder than just turning in a token.)
Shaera
Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

I was having an argument with a guildie about this.

How can they make the ilevel245 gear purchasable for 1 token and 75 badges? That means that you need to farm for weeks before you stand a chance of getting one piece of tier gear. In a DKP run guild no one will want the tokens till they have enough badges to buy them.

Is this the only way to get a tier item then? Seems a very strange way to do it. You need 375 badges and 5 tokens to get the full set? Even if you clear the entire instance on 10 and 25 man hard and normal thats still going to be several months before you have enough to get them

Surely the bosses also drop vanquisher/conqueror style tokens?
Braundo
Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

Shaera wrote:Is this the only way to get a tier item then?

Koralon!
Shaera
Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

Lol.. ofc, because emalon has been so kind to me already.
Braundo
Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

OK, according to Matticus, they just downed Beasts of Northrend 10-man (not sure if Normal or Heroic) and they got 3 Triumph badges. I think that the badges will come a bit faster than we think.
Mert
Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:08 am

Re: T9 for Conquest

Braundo wrote:OK, according to Matticus, they just downed Beasts of Northrend 10-man (not sure if Normal or Heroic) and they got 3 Triumph badges. I think that the badges will come a bit faster than we think.


I think you need to complete it on Normal before you're attuned for Heroic, so presumably the former though of course they could have completed Normal already and gone straight back in on Heroic.
mosa
Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

Mert wrote:
Braundo wrote:OK, according to Matticus, they just downed Beasts of Northrend 10-man (not sure if Normal or Heroic) and they got 3 Triumph badges. I think that the badges will come a bit faster than we think.


I think you need to complete it on Normal before you're attuned for Heroic, so presumably the former though of course they could have completed Normal already and gone straight back in on Heroic.


So in 5 weeks time, will every week you have to down the regular instance to unlock that weeks "heroic" version of the 10/25 man raid?
Mert
Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

I don't think it's week-by-week - my understanding is that once you're attuned to Heroic you're attuned forever, but you need to have done Normal at least once to get there. Not sure if that's on a per-member basis or if it's just the RL or what.

Hell, maybe it's just the five-man version you need to do to get attuned for Heroic modes? The post I read (was a few days back now though, not sure where) indicated that once you completed Normal you got a Crusdader Seal or something which would allow you to run the Tribute Runs in Heroic mode.

Annoyingly though I'm in the EU and our servers are still down I think (not that I can get on until work finishes anyway) so I can't test any of this, just passing on my understanding of a blue post I saw. Could very well be wrong (blue posts can be cryptic at the best of times!) so please let me know if I'm talking a load of Jormungar Wyrms here.
Xish
Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

The way it works is you have to have finished a regular 10/25 (either) to get into the heroic 10/25 (either). i.e. You can finish the regular 10 man, then go into the heroic 25 is the way I understood it.

And there are four lockouts regardless of being able to enter the heroic or not, so you can do reg 10 Mon., heroic 25 Tue., reg 25 Wed., and heroic 10 Thur. if you wanted.

And most of what I just said is here http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=87390.0 somewhere. Most of what's posted there is posted as "raw", so interpret it as you will.
Honorshammer
Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

We went straight to the Heroic 5 Man without ever doing the normal. Which one drops the Black Heart?
Belloc
Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:37 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

Honorshammer wrote:We went straight to the Heroic 5 Man without ever doing the normal. Which one drops the Black Heart?

Normal. It's an iLevel 200 epic. Quite nice, still :)
Braundo
Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:50 pm

Re: T9 for Conquest

Regardless of its item budget, that thing is more attractive than pretty much any iLvl 200 item I've ever seen. On par with Repelling Charge, maybe.