Skip to content
Maintankadin

Necks

cougbait
Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:49 pm

Necks

so i have been looking for info on necks b/c i just had a nice 10man ulduar one drop last night for me. just from looking at it i like it more than my other 2 choices. i am tanking ulduar 25mans and 10man uldy.

new one: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45696 mark of the unyeilding, i like it for the dodge and armor, and pretty good str too.

old ones: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45262 unerring mettle, nice for some block value
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44665 i pretty much liked this one for the EH value of it, but it lacks dodge and has "low" defense.


edit : link for the wowhead item comparator http://www.wowhead.com/?compare
Alucard
Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Necks

You should also consider the one from the badges.

I doesn't like the one with block.

If you wan't HP with good stat >> The old one
If you want Mitigation + Avoid >> mark of the unyeilding (The one i want for HM but never see :))
If you want Threat + Avoid >> One from badges.
cougbait
Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: Necks

well i dont have the badges so that one is not available. i was just looking for people's thoughts on. as i am not sure what i will spend badges on next, neck/gloves/belt... i spent my 1st 58 on chest as it was the only ig upgrade imo.

and HM... what is that referring to?
Enkal
Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Necks

I'd say keep the old one, it has higher iLevel as well (226 vs. 219).
Majiben
Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Re: Necks

Ilvl can be squandered and the use of BR is usually squandered ilvl. Additionally the Armor on the 219 neck makes it a premier choice even against high ilvl options.
Modal
Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Necks

Yep, the Mark of the Unyielding is in my current wishlist gear set, but it hasn't ever dropped even once for us...
gibborim
Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Necks

Mark of the unyeilding is, in my opinion, the superior choice. The higher avoidance, additional mitigation stat, and the extra flexability granted by the higher defense out-weighs the extra stam stacking possible on the warbeads.
Vexryn
Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:30 pm

Re: Necks

gibborim wrote:Mark of the unyeilding is, in my opinion, the superior choice. The higher avoidance, additional mitigation stat, and the extra flexability granted by the higher defense out-weighs the extra stam stacking possible on the warbeads.


Agreed. I have the Nexus Beads, can buy the badge neck, and still find I prefer Mark of the Unyielding for maintanking most fights on 25-man. As Majiben noted, the BR is wasted ilvl stats when you're well Ulduar-geared (I'm easily over the block cap without it), and the armor on the Mark is just delicious. Mmm...
Khayne
Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: Necks

Lightstrike wrote:Where does the titanstone pendant stack up against these then?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45538


Differences:
For Titanstone pendant.
+6 stam
+6 dodge
+36 expertise.

For mark of the unyielding:
+336 armor
+14 strenght

when compared to the other.

I'll rather take the 336 armor than 6 stam 6 dodge.
the 36 expertise should be more threat than 14 str (not sure for myself since i'm sometimes around soft-cap anyway) but that's nonissue to me.
Threatco
Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Re: Necks

I think I DE'ed a couple of those, I did not notice the armor!

Here is hoping it drops again.

Damn you petrus and your misleading gear rank list!!!!!
CircuAuchindoun
Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: Necks

Threatco wrote:Damn you petrus and your misleading gear rank list!!!!!

I thought the same thing when I finally spotted the armor on the 4th and final one that I happened to NOT DE.
cougbait
Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:50 am

Re: Necks

so from what i have seen and read, seems this should be a LOT higher on BiS list.

i like it, in fact i love it.
Majiben
Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:26 am

Re: Necks

It's been moved up to 2nd place but the list linked in the consolidated gearing sticky has not been updated yet.
cougbait
Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:25 am

Re: Necks

this is most likely a im a dumb ass ... but which list are you referring to, as i can find no list where this neck ranks highly.