Skip to content
Maintankadin

Too many choices?

Ulrik
Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:09 pm

Too many choices?

So currently equipped in my slots where Tier would go I have: (check sig for armory)

Helm of the Faceless
T7.5 Shoulder
T8.5 Chest
T7.5 Glove
Saronite Plate Legs

BUT I've got Deconstructor shoulders, T8.5 Legs, 2x (stupid vault) T8 Gloves sitting in the bank. I was looking to "upgrade" to the Decon shoulders but I'm not sure what other slot to switch since I'd loose the 2pc T7. I'd like to just get the 2pc T8 to replace the extra damage lost but I'm not totally sure what with. Since the SPL are beastly I don't want to drop those. Helm is also really good. The only thing left would be just to use a pair of T8 gloves, which seems really silly because not only is the itemisation poor but I drop glove hit for shoulder hit for a net gain of 2. Whoopie.... :?

Threat's no problem but I'm the paranoid sort. My hittable level has fallen to the point where I need raid buffs to get back to it. Perhaps grabbing the T8.5 helm would be beneficial for that.

In my view I have three options: Change nothing for a while. Decon shoulders + T8 glove. Decon + T8.5 helm + Royal Watch gloves (or perhaps at some point Freya's hard mode ones :o )
Petrus
Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: Too many choices?

IMO the T7 and T8 2pc bonuses are so similar that it's almost a wash (though I suppose T8 is slightly better overall). I'd go with T8 legs if you can get them - Faceless/Decon/T8.5 Chest/Royal Watch (eventually hardmode freya gloves)/T8 pants (eventually Algalon pants) are probably the best combination. If you can get past the want for a set bonus, I'd go with just one piece of T8 and skip any bonuses.

The bonuses really have not been overly amazing so far but have not really been tremendously underwhelming either so you'll probably be alright with no bonus. If you have threat issues, then swap something for a bonus.
Alucard
Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 am

Re: Too many choices?

I have the same problem (exactly the same :) but i don't have yet the faceless :() and i think i will go for no bonuses. Depends on what you will tank :

For boss >> No bonus
Trash >> 4 T8.5 (the last one depends on what you need but i will go for shoulders i think)
Boss who need threat (Hodir HM for example) >> 2 T8.5 (i think i will go for chest and helm).

There is no best way to go IMO, depends on what stats you want to improve (Armor / threat / Avoid ...)
Enkal
Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:30 am

Re: Too many choices?

Decon + T8.5 helm + Royal Watch gloves + T8.5 Kilt <-- what I use, I like to be hit capped. :)
Alucard
Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:10 am

Re: Too many choices?

The issue i think is the pants. The T8.5 is really well itimized but the Saronite with the armor bonus are awesome !! Also the T8 is really good to be block capped with good avoid and good def also (i want to use the signet so the def is really important :)).