Skip to content
Maintankadin

80 blues better than epics?

Bundy
Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:31 am

80 blues better than epics?

I ran 10 mann naxx for the first time last night, it was pretty easy overall except on Grand widow when we were going for the achievement. Other tank used all his CDs to get through the enrage and it was my turn to pop all mine and taunt her off, so I pop everything and the taunt misses...... I have plenty of +hit gear so I dunno. It was so unexpected I didnt even realize it missed until a few secs later, so I used my mocking blow but by then my CDs were almost done. She slaughtered me but we got the achievement so its all good. Anyways this cape droped from the spider boss and I got it, but comparing to my 80 blue one, it doesnt seem better by any means. The blue has 40 something str, 65 stam, 30 def, and 45 BV. Epic has like 28 str, 50 stam, 35 def, 25 hit and 250 additional armor. Am I mistaken in thinking it is not an upgrade? I am falliing in love with BR and BV, i block for 1400-3000 and my shield slams hit for 4-5k crit so I want all the str, BV, BR i can get. Less stats with a little bit more armor doesnt do it for me, especialy if going from blue - epic, stats should be more I think. Any thoughts?
rokkon
Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:01 am

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

Purple does not mean better than blue, higher ilevel items are not always best in your gear set. Take the pieces with the better stats for your goal and use that one regardless of what color or ilevel it is.
Bundy
Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:54 am

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

Ya I know, i dont base gear on its color, I fully intend to keep wearing my blue one. I was more wondering if its suppsoed to be better and why, because im failing to see how its better. I also just read some gear guide on here and they had the epic one listed as better by a good margin. And I think we all know how alot of people are anyways, they look at you and say,"You cant tank it, you have too many blues" It seems everyone thinks you should be born with full epics and knowing every fight in the game. But what would you use, the blue or the epic?
Whait
Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:55 am

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

diffrent gear for diffrent people. your not going to notice a diffrence.
KysenMurrin
Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

I wear it for fights where I think the extra armor will be nice, even if it's only a marginal difference. Maexxna herself is one of those (enraged web wraps). Other than that, I still use the Wyrmrest cloak.
Bundy
Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

Ya I thought about it a little more and decided I would just enchant it with even more armor and have it as a backup for certain fights. But I still think pound for pound the blue is better. I forget which one I use, tattered castle drape maybe?
Invisusira
Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

Typically L78-80 blues are what will start replacing your T6 L70 epics.
KysenMurrin
Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:59 pm

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

Except he's talking about an 80 epic.
Invisusira
Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

mmm. Wowhead links would be very useful in the garblewall of text that is the OP.
Zibey
Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

In Naxx - it doesnt matter.
In Ulduar - Epic is better ;).
At least its my opinion - based upon fact that Ulduar bosses can really rape you in 1,5 hits :P.
Dorvan
Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

yeah, actual item links, or at least names would be a whole lot more helpful than wall-o-text.
Bundy
Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

I agree and would love to give you links. But im at work and damn near every site is blocked. So im doin the best I can with what I got ya know. Im not so good at remembering the names, the stats I remember fine, just not the names. The cape dropped off the spider boss in naxx 10. Are there multiple tanking capes that drop off her or even in the instance? lol. Sorry if its not enough info, I think the stats speak for themselves though. Less str, stam with no BV for a tiny bit more def and armor. Thats the jist of it. I just had a thought....warriors and palys should get a shield spell block where they absorb all incoming magic damage (As much as BV per spell at least) for the next 5 secs or so. I mean if I can reflect a spell back at you, theres no reason why I wouldnt be able just deflect it off right? Magic just seems too powerful in that way to me, you cant dodge, parry, block spells, something to lessen the blow would be nice.
Invisusira
Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

Do they not have "return" keys at your work either?
Majiben
Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

Invisusira wrote:Do they not have "return" keys at your work either?

Be thankful for the spaces. Have a person on my server who refuses to get a new keyboard with a space so they've taken to speaking in jumbledmesseslikethis.