Skip to content
Maintankadin

Chestpiece conflict. Need a shopping list!

Evangelia
Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:39 am

Chestpiece conflict. Need a shopping list!

Righty then.

I've to make a decision between the 8.5 pallytank chest.. or the Unbreakable Chestguard from Auriaya..

Now, my main problems relate to a few things, one namely being my total avoidance. Im about 1% overcapped because of shield block rating.. This is unbuffed with holy shield. So obviously Id like to remain avoidance capped.. but with less shield block..

However the stamina on Auriayas drop is much too high, I dare say its evil and hard to pass up. This would mean Id get too much block rating and forsaking the overall dodge and parry values substantially.

Basically whats my problem? I want to be able to avoid hits completely more, dodge and parry that is. Whilst keeping my effective HP as high as possible.

So I'll need to compile a shopping list.. Heres a link to my armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moon+Guard&n=Evangelia

Id really love some help on planning on what to get if in the situation I get 8.5 or the situation where I get Auriaya's chestpiece.

Thanks in advance guys!
Gamingdevil
Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: Chestpiece conflict. Need a shopping list!

If you follow go for socket bonusses and aren't a JC, they come out evenly on the stamina department, T8 has more strength, a ton of dodge and parry. All the Unbreakable Chestguard has is block rating and BV. I think we have a clear winner here.
Salamandra
Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Re: Chestpiece conflict. Need a shopping list!

Assuming you're gemming for socket bonuses, the stamina on Auriaya's chest is actually exactly the same as for t8.5 due to t8.5 having a blue socket. Apart from for block gear, t8.5 is far better.

Also it's a bit pointless being block capped while unbuffed, when it's important you'll have Gift of the Wild, Kings, +155 agility.