Skip to content
Maintankadin

HP differences in Tank Sets

towelliee
Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:43 pm

HP differences in Tank Sets

I noticed the HP difference my Av and EH set is pretty big. Right now I have about 30.5K unbuff in AV gear where as I have 35.5 in my EH gear. Is this normal? Of course for me the big difference are the trinkets.

AV

Furance Stone
Repelling Charge

EH

Monarch Crab
Heart of Iron

As for gear itself the gear is no different between the sets except for Tier 8.5 gloves. 8.5 on EH and 7.5 on AV set.

Def Stats

AV

30.01 Dodge
19.93 Parry
15 Block

EH

25.99 Dodge
19.00 ish Parry
16 Block

So does this sound normal for the differences in the sets? I had a friend on the server tell me my Avoidance set should probably have a bit more unbuff HP. Maybe suggested swapping one of the 2 trinkets with a EH trinket. Just wondering if the other tankadins have the same HP difference in their sets.
Majiben
Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: HP differences in Tank Sets

Considering you swap two avoidance trinkets for two stamina ones, not at all. Also you should consider keeping the furnance stone in your EH set since it's on use is a huge EH boost for predictable physical damage. Also why didn't you mention your armor differences?
towelliee
Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: HP differences in Tank Sets

I don't know off top of my head but I think in EH I have 29k and AV 26K or so..I would have to look when I get home.
repent
Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: HP differences in Tank Sets

I guess I'm one of those people stuck on the EH numbers. There is virtually no fight, hardmode or otherwise, where I would choose your AV over your EH set. (Except for Yogg with watchers buffing your health) I would virtually always choose the extra 5k health (unbuffed) and 3-4k armor, hardmode or otherwise.
Nadir
Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Re: HP differences in Tank Sets

Let's say you take our top end armor set and gem it with dodge / enchant for avoidance, you can get up to a total of 72% or 73%. According to Rawr this kind of setup gives the lowest DPS taken. Although, you will have around 37.5k HP instead of nearly 50k HP.