Skip to content
Maintankadin

Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

Nyrin1
Wed May 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

Nikachelle wrote:
JoeBravo wrote:i would'nt be surprised if it takes more than "a few months" for those orbs to hit the AH.
We have gathered 14 sofar, and almost all of the core raiders want orbs for one or 2 crafted items...

rough estimate: we'll need to gather 150+ of those to supply everyone :shock:
I'm amazed they even appear at the AH anywhere :?


People who need/want money NOW would be my guess.

However, having said that... the guy who put the orb on the AH was also a GL of a guild that he just recently disbanded in favour of joining another. It's possible he looted the gbank of the materials before he left. Although he's a tank so I don't know why he wouldn't be saving it to make the belt himself. Odd.



gold farming?!?!!?
Nikachelle
Wed May 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

Nyrin1 wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
JoeBravo wrote:i would'nt be surprised if it takes more than "a few months" for those orbs to hit the AH.
We have gathered 14 sofar, and almost all of the core raiders want orbs for one or 2 crafted items...

rough estimate: we'll need to gather 150+ of those to supply everyone :shock:
I'm amazed they even appear at the AH anywhere :?


People who need/want money NOW would be my guess.

However, having said that... the guy who put the orb on the AH was also a GL of a guild that he just recently disbanded in favour of joining another. It's possible he looted the gbank of the materials before he left. Although he's a tank so I don't know why he wouldn't be saving it to make the belt himself. Odd.



gold farming?!?!!?


Like maybe he got hacked? Unlikely. People who get hacked generally don't put stuff on the AH under the character that was hacked. They mail it off to level 1 warriors and sell it that way.
Nyrin1
Wed May 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

no i mean selling gold to the farmers for $$.
Nikachelle
Wed May 06, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

Nyrin1 wrote:no i mean selling gold to the farmers for $$.


Actually, I wouldn't put it past the guy. I've had mixed experiences with him. Did Molten Core with him once and he wanted the experience of tanking everything, I was instructed to be *his* trash tank and he was downright rude about it. (However, won Geddon's bindings over him! HAH!) But then had a fantastic experience with him in a Naxx 25 pug. *shrugs* Split personality I suppose.
halabar
Wed May 06, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

I've seen 12 or so orbs in the AH when I have looked for them. No idea where they are coming from, but the cheapest has been about 5k per orb, and as much as 10k. Haven't seen the patterns yet.

Now.. here's the question..

I have my pally as JC/Miner. I've been thinking about dropping mining for BS, but not sure if it's worth it. I could probably get the patterns when we start Uld-25, but I'm thinking the cost of switching to BS may not be worth it (loosing the stam buff of mining for the 2 extra sockets isn't much of a gain). I could pick up mining on my hunter to feed my pally with ore, but just not sure if it merits the change (we do have some other BS in the guild, so someone else could craft the item, once we get the pattern.)
Candiru
Thu May 07, 2009 8:31 am

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

18 Emblem of Conquest = Runed orbs.

Most likely route from which they are appearing.

Or PUGS who get Leviathan down.
Varmin
Thu May 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

If you don't have many orbs, convince your guild to start doing FL with 1-2 towers up, and Runemaster last on Iron Council (both on 25man). It seems medium modes drop extra orbs.
Pala
Sun May 10, 2009 7:42 am

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

I got this pattern Friday night from Flame Leviathan. It turns out I'm the only one of the server that has it. I'm now stuck in the new position of wondering what to charge for crafting it with the other person's mats. I asked one friend and he said 200g but that seems low. I lucked out by also getting the runed orb that dropped right then.
Jazmine
Sun May 10, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

Lol save ur fellow paladin tanks $ and overcharge the others! jk
Xorlandu
Sun May 10, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

wtb making that belt on stormreaver but too lazy to do all the crap to get everything to a horde player :( lol
Invisusira
Sun May 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

Nikachelle wrote:I'm not likely to be entering 25 man Ulduar any time soon so I am absolutely dreading paying for these orbs on the AH. I'm praying the AH gets flooded with them within the next 2-3 months so I can actually afford them. Last I checked they were 7k each on my AH. I am not prepared to pay 42,000 gold on the orbs alone for a belt. Erk.

Edit: I'd read that the orbs only drop in 25 man Ulduar... is it possible they drop in the 10 man version as well?

Orbs (and Conquest Badges) drop in 10m hard mode.
For example:

FL 10m: Normal loot and badges.
FL +1 10m: Conquest badges.
FL +2 10m: Conquest badges + Orb.
FL +3 10m: Conquest badges + Orb + extra loot.
etc.
Jazmine
Mon May 11, 2009 12:34 am

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

Hmm... my guild has quite a few orbs and we don't do any hard modes yet. Is it just a chance to drop?
Invisusira
Mon May 11, 2009 1:32 am

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

10 or 25? They always have a chance to drop in 25.
Nikachelle
Mon May 11, 2009 4:45 am

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

Invisusira wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I'm not likely to be entering 25 man Ulduar any time soon so I am absolutely dreading paying for these orbs on the AH. I'm praying the AH gets flooded with them within the next 2-3 months so I can actually afford them. Last I checked they were 7k each on my AH. I am not prepared to pay 42,000 gold on the orbs alone for a belt. Erk.

Edit: I'd read that the orbs only drop in 25 man Ulduar... is it possible they drop in the 10 man version as well?

Orbs (and Conquest Badges) drop in 10m hard mode.
For example:

FL 10m: Normal loot and badges.
FL +1 10m: Conquest badges.
FL +2 10m: Conquest badges + Orb.
FL +3 10m: Conquest badges + Orb + extra loot.
etc.


*gasp*

This is good news. Thanks for the heads up. Now... how to convinced my guild we need to do 2 towers up so that *I* can get orbs for *my* belt. Hmmm.... I can probably sell them on the Conquest badges pretty easily. *plots*
Teneb
Mon May 11, 2009 7:13 am

Re: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Pattern hard to find?

I know I've been selling our orbs, even though I need them for the belt. We got rid of a few starting at 3k and are going to use the funds to buy more now that they are falling below 1.5.