Skip to content
Maintankadin

Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

Candiru
Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:41 am

Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

So we have:
Threat:
Armsman +2% threat and 10parry rating

Avoidance:
20 Agi

EH:
18 stam kit
240 armour kit

For EH I think the 240 armour seems to be better than 18 stam? Since ulduar is (mostly) physical damage rather than magic like Malygos/Sarth3D I'm leaning towards the armour kit, if I can find the mats..

I have @ 41k buffed health and 30k armour (without inspiration). Anyone have a tool to calc EH benefit of Armour vs stam?
ticklefist
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

At 26231 armor Tankpoints shows 18 stam as 557 EH. With Devotion up and at 28038 armor the EH of 18 stam went up to 581. The EH given by 240 armor was 569 both with and without devotion. Increasing and decreasing incoming dmg did not change these numbers. Very comparable.

Never the less I'd be interested to see an addon that calculates the EH benefits of stam and armor as well, unless tankpoints is doing it just fine.
Candiru
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:20 am

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

The EH benefit of armour increases as your health increases, and the EH benefit of Stamina increases as your armour increases.

Inspiration being up a lot will probably favour the stamina, though.
Majiben
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:22 am

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

Well for armor that is not from enchants or agility, the value of armor goes up with inspiration. Don't forget that 20 agility enchant will give 44 armor post kings.
Candiru
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

Yeah, I meant that with 30k armour without inspiration, when I get inspiration its going to be higher, and so favour the 18stam over the 240 armour.

Bonus armour on items doesn't benefit from inspiration since the change to toughness?
Majiben
Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

That, I am not sure.
Amaranthea
Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

Bonus armor from all items (including rings / trinkets / cloak / neck) gets the inspiration multiplier.

Bonus armor from armor enchants and buffs does not get the inspiration multiplier.

Bonus agility granted from agility buffs and enchants does get the inspiration multiplier.

Basic rule: The armor in white on your character sheet defense tab gets the multiplier. The armor in green does not.
Candiru
Fri May 01, 2009 9:52 am

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

Interesting, so while toughness doesn't increase the bonus armour on neck/ring/cloak/etc inspiration does.
Lythac
Fri May 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

Agi is around 97-98% effective a defensive stat as dodge (taking into account dodge and armor gained with kings).

If you have any defense/dodge gems (that can be changed without breaking socket bonus and the def isn't contributing any block), you are better off taking the +20agi glove enchant and swapping those gems to sta and you will have an increase in both areas due to 0.98*20 being higher than 2/3*18.

In most cases it is only worth enchanting +18sta if you don't have any defense/dodge gems.
Katie Lynn
Sat May 02, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

I use +18 stam because i just prefer stam.
Jazmine
Wed May 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

So is there a strict suggestion on which one ppl should enchant? I see some prot pallies w/ 18STA on armory, and quite a few with Armsman.
halabar
Wed May 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

Jazmine wrote:So is there a strict suggestion on which one ppl should enchant? I see some prot pallies w/ 18STA on armory, and quite a few with Armsman.


If you always have a threat lead, then agi. If the dps (or the OT) is nipping at your heels, then Armsman.
Thark
Wed May 06, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

The more I've looked into it, the more that Armor seems like an amazing stat in Ulduar.

I've been planning on picking up the badge gloves and using the armor kit. I hadn't considered the effects of Inspiration or Ancestral Fortitude though.

I'll be going with the 240 armor kit unless I find a way to model it such that with the armor procs and its uptime in raids 18 stamina comes out ahead.
Jazmine
Wed May 06, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

Blah I enchanted 20AGI but I already have like 25-26% dodge so Diminishing Returns did not give me as much dodge as I'd originally had hoped for :(
Impervium
Wed May 06, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: Glove Enchants, which one for Ulduar?

I'm rocking with the 800 Armor engineering tinker for gloves. That said, I'm not really Ulduar ready, so I'm not sure what I will have when I go in.