Skip to content
Maintankadin

trinkets and staying caped

tehpwnner
Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:05 pm

trinkets and staying caped

So http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37220 finally droped for me last night and now I have to make a decision. I am currently block caped with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44323 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37872 but if i swap out the block trinket for the Essence of Gossamer Im not caped anymore. Is the wicked ammount of stam on the trinket greater 74 BR passive and 440 BV when active or +75 stam and +50 dodge rating? Or should I try to do some regemming and grab some different gear. We clear everything on a weekly basis and as I am the only prot pally I can get any tanking that drops more or less. Here is my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Caelestrasz&n=Pallytankftw
_________________
Onore
Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:29 pm
Well for my purposes different encounters require different gear. For example at naxx loatheb I use block gear.

Being capped is a good thing but depending on a fight if there's lots of magical damage (e.g. sartharion/malygos) I'd use more stam gear than worry about being block capped.

Def cap is a must but block cap is a bonus since no crushing blows are happening. I have multiple sets I switch from block cap, avoidance set, max HP set and so on as I like to be *prepared*.

EDIT: Just to say if the fight you're about to undergo can be done with being capped do so but if you lose too much avoidance by doing so don't (e.g. being hateful tank at patchwerk 25man).
_________________
Kalakaua
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:37 am
looking at your armory, if you swapped out all your blue gems for defense and defense/stam gems, you could get rid of the block trinket. The stamina from the 2nd trinket would more than make up for the loss of stamina from gemming differently. Whether or not it's worth it to regem everything is up to you though.
Spectrum
Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 am
As long as you are staying uncrittable you should swap the gear depending on your fights. On bosses with magic damage you want a lot of EH, but on trash you might even want to push past the block cap with HS incase the charges get used up on AE packs.

Also, don't forget that kings and Horn of Winter/Strength of Earth also give agility which can be 1-2% towards block cap.
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.