Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mana regen and prot pallies..

Citadel
Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:09 pm

Mana regen and prot pallies..

So, anyone else getting into 25 man raids that are expectionally geared only to be the 3rd or 4th tank in the raid and hardly get any heals to replenish their mana or anything of the sort? I've exhausted just about every avenue to keep mana up while fighting.
Kelaan
Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:51 pm
Tricks I use if I'm not tanking, and need mana:

- Use Seal of Blood/Martyr.
- Hand of Sacrifice the main tank.
- Use only ShoR, Judgement, and HotR
- Divine Plea often
- I have been slowly eating my lvl70 potion injectors.

That said, I'm usually second or third tank; we tend not to run with more.
Citadel
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:15 pm
You know, youre absolutely right. I am not used to use martyr so I will start utilizing that. Good call and thanks for tips.
Kalakaua
Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:08 am
when I'm dpsing, just seal and judgement of wisdom while using divine plea every time it's up seems to give me enough mana to do everything except consecrate. I also use hand of sacrifice a lot.
Tieran
Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:40 am
Your taking 4 tanks to Naxx???

I have never had any issues with mana, and my gear is pretty good I would say... use BoS and wisdom and I can never realistically see you going OOM while tanking.

If your going OOM while DPSin then its just a matter of stopping for a bit, with all the mana regen talents flying about in the raid you will be up sooner or later again.
_________________


http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emeriss&n=Tieran
Spectrum
Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:40 am
Seals really are a fairly small part of our damage. I tend to seal and judge wisdom if I'm DPSing. Martyr if I'm in a group.
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
dmok
Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:16 pm
I cannot think of a reason why you would want 4 tanks in naxx. 3 seems to be about what you would expect for progression (we just finished clearing the place on monday. we ran with 2 tanks for 1 night, and 3 for the other).

You are better off with another dps in that 4th slot. If you need a 4th tank because tanks keep dying, replace it with another healer.
_________________
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate
kp3t3houg
Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:43 am
we are also running with 4 tanks usually, and thats not cos of the encounters, or dead tanks. Its mostly cos we have zero probs with the dps and heal, so one more tanks is welcome, so he can take loot Smile We usually go with me, 1 more prot pally, warrior and druid.This way all the tanks have a chance to get everything they need, and we DE alot less. Also if we need extra healer, im offhealing, if extra dps, the druid and the other paladin are dps-ing. So if you ask me its more a RL decision what and how many tanks you will use.
_________________
Knaughty
Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:36 am
If you're taking four tanks, have two put on DPS gear and DPS.
_________________
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum.
Knaughty of the Nightfall.
Basic FAQ and Advanced FAQ
aleyona
Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:30 am
I tank with Seal of Wisdom. It allows me to maintain my threat level just below said tank without pulling, and I never run out of mana. Yes, your DPS does take a slight drop - but it's better than running out of mana completely and having your DPS take a HUGE nosedive.
_________________
Ponthas(formerly Aleyona) of Srs Bsns
aka
Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:44 am
I have big mana issues in Naxx10, on most of the bosses (hitting like wussies now I'm well geared), I tanked half of the naxx 10 yesterday with seal of wisdom, using divine plea as often as possible...
_________________
Akadurgrim (Ysondre EU) <Wild>
Tankadin/healadin/retadin
Majiben
Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:13 am
You know you could wear your T7 gear to dps while tanking? You'll take more hits but they'll be mitigated fairly well. Also are you suing consecrate?
_________________
Kelaan
Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:19 am
yeah -- I swap to BV gear. I stay uncrittable, though, in case the MT dies by some fluke. (hasn't happened yet...).