Skip to content
Maintankadin

Horn of Winter Change and Gear

Eanin
Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:53 am

Horn of Winter Change and Gear

This is kind of a heads up for those of us worried about block capping. Horn of Winter, the DK ability that gives 155 strength and agility, will no longer cost any runic power in 3.0.8. This means, if you run consistently with a DK in your raids, you can count 155 agility (171 with kings) as a part of your constant stats. Block capping just got a lot easier Smile.
_________________
Zibey
Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:38 am
I do anyway - I always run with either DK, or friendly shaman, or both.
But this is nice change Smile.
_________________
Zibey 80 Fortressadin The Maelstrom EU
Dane
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:42 am
Just wish it lasted longer than 2 minutes...I'm always forgetting to keep it up on my DK.

Now that it's free, I should be able to set up a macro to pop it every 1 min 50 sec though...
_________________
Majiben
Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:48 pm
Most likely a increase in buff length hopefully a minor one.
_________________
KysenMurrin
Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:33 pm
The Horn of Winter Glyph is +1 min duration on the PTR. Subject to change as always, but the new glyph versions were posted up by MMO-Champion a while back.
_________________
Eanin
Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:47 am
I'd say, then, that for the purpose of block-capping, if you know you have a DK in your raid, think of the block cap as 100%, rather than 102.4%.

52.08 dodge = 1% agility, so the horn of winter gives about 3% dodge before DR. 2.4% after DR is probably a safe bet, so that's why I rounded off to 100%.

This of course doesn't count druids, who give another 37 agility, but that's another story.
_________________
Candiru
Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:53 am
Str of earth totem(improved) is better than Horn right? Can DKs improve the horn or is the enchancement shammie the only one who can?