Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dodge vs Parry/Block

Spotnick
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Dodge vs Parry/Block

I'm having a dilemma here.

I got Amulet of Autopsy and i just got Medallion of the Disgraced tonight and I'm seriously having a hard time to see if one is better than the other.

What should I even consider when I see 2 items like that? I am thinking the medallion is better, but then again it's ranked lower on the gear list on this very website, so I'm a bit puzzled.

Damn you Blizzard for doing 2 tanking necklaces in Naxx lol.
Levantine
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:30 pm
That gear list thinks blocking is stupid, and needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
_________________

My hair is red ingame. Sad Stupid Magelo.
Unholly
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:39 pm
Keep both whatever you do (until you get a direct upgrade to one) as you might need the block rating to reach unhittable or the block value to produce more threat/dps.

I know it's minor, but i'd use the block one for MT patch, loatheb. The dodge one for hatefuls on patch and MT most other bosses.
_________________
Spotnick
Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:49 am
Well right now I am using the one with the most defense value because I have to downgrade my gear for raids to make sure I'm capped, but other that that, I'm truly puzzled in figuring out which one of these is the best lol..

Maybe it's 1$ and 4 quarters...
Pallypete
Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:08 pm
If you're block capped with the medallion but not with the amulet, I'd stick with the medallion. If you're block capped either way, or not block capped with either, I'd probably say stick with the amulet (seriously, armour on a neck slot is HAWT).
_________________
Modal
Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:46 pm
Amulet is better. 350 armor is way better than the block. That's what you should be comparing.
_________________
Knaughty
Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:47 pm
Both pieces are good. Which is better depends on:

• The boss.
• The rest of your gear.

IE: Get gear mod, build sets optimise for different things, wear as appropriate.
_________________
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum.
Knaughty of the Nightfall.
Tanking 101 and Advanced tanking