Then I went and tried something counter-intuitive...
We all know dodge is our best mitigation, and block is the worst - but I felt compelled to check out gear based on block rating anyhow. Using the best block rating gear I could find in plate, I ended up with 86% avoidance pre-holy shield, and about 25k hp. The block percentage was a bit over 48%, so yeah... 3% i guess is waste when it comes to the whole 75% max block when holy shield is taken into account... but whatever - this is purely academic and silly exercise.
So I am interested in the fact that is a niche build - but one that has a high amount of strength and stamina through normal itemization so it could actually be viable.
In reality, none of this is attainable for me - I am mainly going to have to rely on my blacksmithing to provide me gear (and quests). This is because I have to PUG. - now back to the main topic.
Has anyone else looked at the itemization from this perspective - as our strength being block-tanks? We always say to enchant based on the gear piece's strength - why not gear based on our class' strength? OK - yes, thats kinda sappy... and perhaps the mitigation doesnt create a zero damage result - but I think our class was designed to take hits, just in a more controlled manner. No other class replenishes their rage bar through getting healed.
Anyhow - I want to start a flame-free discussion on this. I am hoping some mathemeticians are willing to look up the itemization of stats on those pieces geared to block rating and determine if it passively fits the bill.
Thanks.
_________________
Tronden of Runetotem (US)
Guildmaster <Guardians of Azeroth>



