Skip to content
Maintankadin

What's the highest you can get your DEF?

Threatco
Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:42 am

What's the highest you can get your DEF?

So I noticed I have a crap tonne of defense. The pieces I am keeping for their high defense for upgrade mix and matching have so much defense. I only have 3-4 upgraded items that drop my defense. But in full defense gear, only 1 epic. Check this out. 560




So I am curious. With all your defense items you have at the moment, what is the highest you can pump your defense at the moment?

SS would be cool!

http://www.imagehost.org/
_________________

Limitation strictly defined by motivation - Edan
Warning. I edit my posts.
fuzzygeek
Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:59 am


Could get +1 def point at the cost of 600 hp, which doesn't seem useful, even for a lawlepeen thread.

Popping trinkets for lawls.


_________________
Threatco
Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:00 am
I feel like I just got wtflolnewbpwned

Wait why is your melee damage lower?


Thats a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37179 in mine.

Infantry Assault Blade
Binds when picked up
One-Hand Sword
237 - 440 Damage Speed 2.60
(130.2 damage per second)
+24 Strength
+49 Stamina
Durability 90 / 90
Requires Level 80
Equip: Increases defense rating by 33 (6.71 @ L80).
Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 19 (2.32 @ L80).
_________________

Limitation strictly defined by motivation - Edan
Warning. I edit my posts.
Spectrum
Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:35 am
At the current level of gear defense is the best and basically only way to get to the block cap. (maybe with full BR gear, but I haven't seen much yet). This means lots of paladins are stacking up on defense. There's definitely nothing wrong with going over. You still get the avoidance and block, and since it raises all the stats it isn't as affected by DR as stacking dodge or such.
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
TheBaldGuy
Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:15 pm
My "normal" tanking gear sits me at 561-565ish depending on where I am going. As you can see on my armory, I'm not exactly supremely well geared. Yet. RNG is stingy in Violet Hold. Evil or Very Mad

I could probably swap some other stuff in to break 570.
_________________
masterpoobaa
Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:35 pm
imho being over the defence minimum is always a good idea as less juggling is required with enchants/gems if a better stam/avoidance but less def piece of gear is found.

Also from what ive read in certain raids/dungeons there are debuffs that lower your defence. having a buffer above 540 may be handy?
_________________
fuzzygeek
Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:57 pm
Most of these def debuffs tend to be on the order of 500 defense, so it's hard to compensate for that ... Surprised
_________________
Veilan
Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:35 pm
I'm contemplating to drop my third jeweller's gem into defense and not stam, also, just because it's such a juicy stat, and I don't really care I "only" have 25k health...
_________________
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU