I was just wondering what others opinion is to this and if they have any ideas for solutions or if its just a matter of luck...
Most of us know by now that you can farm heroics for EoH, spend 140 of them and...bam...get yourself 10 man tier 7 chest/gloves. Same goes with raiding...save up your EoV and buy yourself some sexy 25 man tier 7 shoulders/pants.
Here is where problems arise. Depending on your guild and raid structure, most guilds don't use DKP for 10 mans and only use it for 25 mans while others swear that DKP is as useful as a port to shat is now (well...unless you're a death knight...or leveling an alt...or...nevermind, bad analogy). How fair is it to those who spent hours in heroics to get themself their two pieces of tier 7 but in essence could be the last to even see their 3rd, nevermind 4th or 5th pieces?
Most will say its a case of bad luck. "Awww did Toddrick lose a roll on tier 7 and is QQing about it? Too bad, you just suck at rolling." You can start the flames now but by going out and buying yourself tier 7, you are just giving better luck to those who haven't worked as hard as you. I am not complaining about buying my gear, I'm just trying to figure out a way to make it fair for everyone.
Here is a simple example as to what I'm trying to explain with "better luck". Let's just say there are 5 of the same token user in the raid. Only one of you has spent the time to get your two pieces. Tier 7 chest drops. 4 out of the 5 people roll on it because you already have yours giving each person a 25% chance to win it. Now the tier 7 helm drops for the 5 of you. The person who COULDN'T roll on the chest gets stuck with only a 20% chance of winning the helm despite his hard work.
Here are my questions. Is there any way to reward those who have worked harder than others? I am not just saying this for myself because I know there are others who did the same as me and I feel for them. Has anyone derived a failsafe structure for when this problem arises? Should I just spend my EoV on the cape and boots before even considering buying my shoulders/pants just so I can have the same chance of winning those items as everyone else? Am I just being a little nitpicky and is everyone going to just respond with "if its such a big deal to you, then don't buy it...blah blah...qq more"?
If someone could explain it to me to change my mind on the subject of fairness, please do. I am open to change my opinion. Maybe I'm just a little frustrated with seeing people run into heroics and raids with half their gear green and their dps is well below mine. Thanks for any help.
Toddrick
Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:12 am


