Skip to content
Maintankadin

Stat values for rating gear

Dobbelsteen
Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:32 am

Stat values for rating gear

I'm using lootrank at the moment to easily see which items are the biggest upgrade for me, and found some "rating values" for most stats on EJ, which I used to rank loot, however strength was missing from that list so I'm pretty sure the list is flawed :p
The preset from wowhead fails as well since it still rates spellpower.

Just wondering if anyone has done some math on this, and willing to share the value of each stat point.

I know gear is situational and needs to be balanced and all, but it's just nice to easily see which items are a huge upgrade.

This is what I'm using at the moment:
long link is long
_________________
Ulushnar
Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:52 am
I've actually found it fairly easy to benchmark it like this:

The Rating required for 1% at 80 is a little bit over double what it was at 70.

You needed 2.34 Defense rating for 1 skill at 70, at 80, it's 4.99.
You needed 24 Parry rating for 1% at 70, you need 49 at 80.
You needed 19 Dodge rating for 1% at 70, you need 39ish at 80.

(all values before diminishing returns of course)

It's not perfect, but it's good for guestimates away from the game. In-game, I have Ratings Buster to help me.
_________________
I am a sexy, shoeless God of War!
Dobbelsteen
Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:28 am
No, what I mean is like (for example)
1 dodge rating has a value of 50 points
1 parry rating has a value of 40 points
1 stamina has a value of 45 points
when giving a certain item a score Smile
_________________
Ulushnar
Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:57 am
Oh.

Well thanks to diminishing returns on avoidance stats, that's going to suck for someone to calculate.

Just use your brain and your gut.
_________________
I am a sexy, shoeless God of War!
Dobbelsteen
Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:07 am
What's this brain you're talking about? all i know is how to faceroll ^^
_________________
Dobbelsteen
Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:57 am
Yea, I saw your topic pop up a few hous later cordelia.
Like I said, I know it's not just as simple as X is the best item for Y slot, but I just wanted a general guide in which item would be the biggest upgrade for me.

I think I'll use the list in your topic cordelia, should be close enough to what I'm looking for :p
_________________
Jellypop
Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:00 am
i just use the tankpoints calculator and enter the values, and adjust the differences and just do it by my head.

it's way too hard to just say THIS is better, or THAT is better.

it really depends on your other gears.
_________________
Dobbelsteen
Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:25 pm
Thanks for the input guys.
Was looking at honor's list and imo block value and rating are a bit overated as I'm unhittable already, but I guess that just proves the point that gear rankings depend on the rest of your gear :p
I'll try playing around with tankpoints a bit as well
_________________
Elsie
Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:55 pm
Reaons:
1. Diminishing returns screws up any rating system.
2. Ratings cannot take into account allowable swaps and gemming.
-e.g., the epic pants have 81 defense, which is amazing. There's a blue pair with more strict dodge/defense, but this would hurt you more overall.
3. A rating system cannot take into account boss mechanics, which are important for tanks
-e.g., a "100" value avoidance set could be inferior to a "60" value BV set on Loatheb.