Skip to content
Maintankadin

If I were to throw togeather a DPS set...

Daylin
Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:41 pm

If I were to throw togeather a DPS set...

I haven't been ret on my paladin since 60 was the level cap, so the world of paladin DPS is a foreign and scary place for me, heh. Although I have no intention of ever respeccing to ret, I was wondering what stats to slap on a possible DPS set. I'm talking DPSing normals here, or maybe old world raids or something, not heroics or anything serious. Would it be sort of viable for me to just put on my healing set and save my bank the clutter? Is spell power still all that and a bag of chips for damage? Or have things changed? D: Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, I'm not cool enough to find the search function if there is one ): I'm a blacksmith also, so I have cheap plate with spell power coming out of my ears if I chose to make it. As a side note, props to blizz for finally making blacksmithing not suck for paladins : D! Okay, maybe armor smithing wasn't bad, I don't know, I'm a sword smith >.<;

Though, amusingly I've topped DPS the last few instances I've done, but they were non heroics... and I'm sure if I weren't getting hit and consecrating giant pulls so much (what is this "crowd control" you speak of?) my DPS would be a joke and a half. I was sad the other day when I was invited to an instance with a new possible guild mate "if I had a dps set" D: DPS set? WHAT DPS set?
Seals
Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:24 pm
You want strength, hit, expertise, and crit.

You'll settle for AP. Agility is sub-par, but you'll take it anyway. If there's intellect on the mail pieces you pick up because they're DPS upgrades, you'll take that too.

Haste is nice. Armor penetration is ok, but never go looking for it.

You never want spell damage.
xstrykr
Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:50 pm
From the Tankadin FAQ in Basic Training:

ARogers
Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:35 am
How bad of mana problems are you guys experiencing in ret gear with sword and board. It seems to me like you'd mana starve without the healing coming in to replenish it.
Sonic
Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:23 pm
Rather than make a new topic I'll post in here.

while the faq says get general ret gear. Would a hybid set work out good? There's a lots of gear between heroics and nax10 that has block value on it.

I think without touchign nax25 you'd have 5 slots (6 if you want to change to a crit/ap weapon) that don't have BV items on them. Would that be enough to make good dps or does full ret gear still win?
Eanin
Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:28 pm
I find I like to use a slow dps 1h dps weapon (titansteel bonecrusher) and use Seal of Blood. It has higher dps than corruption, and the damage allows me to keep my mana up through spiritual attunement.
_________________
Majiben
Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:14 pm
For prot dps you'll propably get a larger dps boost through straight str stacking rather than getting hit, crit and expertise. I know when I play ret straight str gems actually gives a larger threat boost than hit or crit.

For PVP crit might play a greater roll for burst but for PVE As much str and a smattering of BV is likely best. Don't forget that 10 str will yield 8.3 BV with kings. STR is our best threat and dps stat.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus