Skip to content
Maintankadin

Better Tanking Weapon and Shield Combo

towelliee
Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:52 am

Better Tanking Weapon and Shield Combo

I have

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39344#comments

and

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39276

*******************************************************


http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37401

and

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40266


*******************************************************


Which would be more beneficial. I like the Dodge on the Slayer sword but the Defense is kind of low. Def Cap is not a worry at the moment.
_________________
Rhiannon
Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:44 am
If def cap isn't a worry then slayer of the lifeless is superior to red sword of courage, no real question there. Considerably more total avoidance.

Shield choice depends on how close to block cap you are and how much you value it (I'd guess you're over it). I'd use Skull of Ruin for threat/dps/aoe tanking/attaining block cap if need be, Hero's Surrender for Malygos I guess.

This should probably be posted in the other gear forums?
_________________
Elsie
Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:59 pm
slayer + hero's surrender

Though I'd keep skull of ruin for heroics, loatheb, and similar fights.