Skip to content
Maintankadin

Maintankadin firsts?

Jellypop
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:05 am

Maintankadin firsts?

I'm still too excited about this.

WALL OF TERROR BABY!!

is this a maintankadin first?\






edit : mod, delete/lock if u want, or we can start a list!



/too excited
_________________
Elsie
Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:11 am
There's a success thread for this in general.
lathander
Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:36 am
i toke it when we first kill, after some time i think i open ticket and send to offtank warrior bec there is a avoidence shield and mitigation&threat shield
one of them is heroes surrender and other1 is skull of ruin and i dont need that wall of terror's stats and it got less stamina so i pass it
_________________
Ewige
Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:44 am
Yeah, I'd pass it to somebody else if I can get An Hero's Surrender. It looks nice but itemization is weird.
_________________
Eiv
towelliee
Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:24 am
Yeah I have the Heros Surrender it is an awesome avoidance shield.
_________________
Diocaska
Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:13 am
Afraid I've had Wall of Terror since 30/11/08 Sad
_________________

"Good tankadins know all the fundamental rules of tanking
Great tankadins know when to break these rules" -Passionario
Barathorn
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:26 am
The original post should have gone in the success thread, but if people wish to use this thread to discuss the merits of the items I have no issue with that. If not I will just lock it. Congrats anyway Jellypop.

I'll keep my eyes on this, please make sure you post any successes in the thread in the General Forum though in future please.

Thanks.

Barathorn.
_________________
Fedaykin98
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:02 am
I haven't done a stat comparison at all, and I'm sure at the end of the day I'll want whatever items have the best stats...

BUT

Am I the only person who rates this the #1 shield right now based strictly on looks? I'm shooting for the Crest of Lordaeron first, because it looks great and kind of reminds me of the Scarlet Monastery shield in that it has kind of a logo on it. I will almost certainly skip the badge shield because I think it looks terrible.

I'm kind of rating the current tanking weapons based on looks, as well. Red Sword looks fine. The Naxx sword with the skull hilt looks pretty good, but I can imagine better. There's another sword I don't care for at all. And the axe, though it may have the best stats, is not a sword, so I'm pretty blah on the whole subject.

Right now, Wall of Terror is my #1 most wanted item. Unfortunately, my guild has no loot system that would allow me to "save up" for it or anything. We're planning to /roll for everything in 25s, because we are concentrating on 10s but want to encourage everyone to try 25s as well.

I guess I need to keep in mind that while this thing looks even better than a Bulwark (imho), it's T7 and will soon be outmoded anyway.
_________________