Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dropping Eng. - Replace w/JCing or Enchanting?

Ocin
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:54 am

Dropping Eng. - Replace w/JCing or Enchanting?

I'm keeping BSing for nostalgic reasons, but I was going to drop engineering since the goggles will be replaced down the line. What will give the most amount of maxxing down the line, JCing or enchanting?

Sorry if this is a dupe question, didn't see one based on the new profession bonuses or design/enchants.
_________________
Ocin - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&n=Ocin
Ewige
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:00 am
I've replaced goggles almost the same day I made them, but I've made a lot of money selling motes in the past few weeks so I'm not planning to drop it just yet. Though it is hella tempting. Hella.

I'd wait until next patch info to drop it completely though, you never know what they might add. I would even stay if the only thing they do is make enchants stack with rocket boots and rocket gloves.
_________________
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:09 am
That is true, however engineering has nothing comparable to JC/BS extra sockets/super gems. Honestly, I'm expecting some sort of buff.

And if not, hey, at least I'm getting all this money to level up whatever.


Edit: I think the most telling thing about state of engineering is the lack of plate healing goggles (unless I missed them). I think this is a strong indicator that this profession was unfinished.
_________________
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Elsie
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:17 am
I'm pretty positive ulduar will have release with ulduar level goggles or trinkets or new patterns.
Kroda
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:28 am
I was in the same boat and now I'm a BS/JC

I've made a ton of gold since the start of the expansion from those 2 professions.

I like the synergy between the extra slots and the Jc-only gems to get the gem slot and meta bonuses, plus it makes it easy to fine tune your gear when something new drops.
_________________
Ewige
Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:27 am
And yet people drop Engineering to get best-in-slot enchants/gems/sockets. Backwards philosophy is backwards, but that's blizzard for ya.
_________________
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
ARogers
Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:39 am
I was just about to drop engineering, but I think I'm going to keep it. First, I think there will be goodies in the future. They went on a massive change with stuff wanting the professions to be evernly useful including gathering professions. They won't want Engineering to disapear.

Second, you can cell me what you want, but I flat REFUSE to wear T7. I'm dead serious. I won't wear a piece of T7 because it is the ugliest set I've ever seen. I want the goggle to wear so I don't need to have the stats from the T7. I'm a 10-man guy, and the gogles are ridiculously close to the T7 ones. The second option is Thane's helm, and the goggles have expertise, 20 more def, and produce quite a bit more threat than Thane's.