Skip to content
Maintankadin

New Darkmoon Card Decks

Eloff
Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:50 am

New Darkmoon Card Decks

So I've been grinding herbs like crazy and sending them to an inscriber to turn into "Darkmoon Cards of the North".

So far I've got an Ace of Chaos and a Three of Prisms.


I see that Wowhead has some information on the "Nobles" deck and the "prisms" deck, but nothing on the other two decks.


Does anyone have more information? I suppose a Nobles deck with either STR or AGI wouldn't be too bad for tanking... but perhaps theres a more specific 'tanking' trinket in the mix?


If anyone has more info, please post here.
_________________
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct


Druski
Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:16 am
apparently the darkmoon card: undeath is going to be the tanking deck, i have no idea what it will do however.
Guillex
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:57 pm
There are only two decks up on WowHead atm:

Darkmoon Card: Greatness

and

Darkmoon Card: Illusion


To be honest, that +300 to your highest stat for 15 seconds looks mighty tasty, as strength will always be our highest stat out of those four choices.

edit: Bleh ... +90 agility ... Didn't quite notice THAT one ... but it's still a tasty proc.
_________________
Póg mo thóin

Grimlockk
Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:24 am
Chaos Deck gives:

Reward
Darkmoon Card: Berserker!
Binds when picked up
Unique-Equipped
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Equip: You have a chance to gain Berserker when you are struck in combat, increasing critical strike rating and resilience rating by 35 for 12 sec. Effect stacks up to 3 times.


Prism Deck gives:

Darkmoon Card: Illusion
Unique-Equipped
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Equip: 100 Spell Power
Use: Absorbs 400 damage for 6 sec. When the shield is removed by any means, you gain 1200 mana. (5 Min Cooldown)


Undeath Deck gives:

Darkmoon Card: ??
Unique-Equipped
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Equip: Improve haste rating by 85
Equip: Each time you deal damage, you have a chance to do an additional 744 to 956 Shadow Damage.


So far thats all ive read on the 3 decks in Wowhead,thottbot,etc. I guess were stuck with the nobles deck deciding on STR or AGI. >.>
_________________
iTank
theothersteve7
Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:15 pm
Oddly normal searches didn't turn it up, but a little bit of ninja made it appear anyway.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42990

Darkmoon Card: Death
Binds when picked up
Unique-Equipped
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Equip: Improves haste rating by 85 (2.59% @ L80).
Equip: Each time you deal damage, you have a chance to do an additional 744 to 956 Shadow damage.

Worthless to tanks. /sigh
_________________
Stevadin, Level 80 BE Paladin, Maelstrom. BS/JC.
Forming a fresh guild with some RL friends; currently focused on professions and leveling alts.

"We're currently attempting to form a guild with the intended purpose of Steving WoW."
Fedaykin98
Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:01 pm
As someone above said, there are apparently 4 versions of Greatness and you can choose whether you want 90 AGI or 90 STR, and the proc is always based on whatever stat you have most of.

90 STR version is great for threat for Prot and DPS for Ret. I have not yet considered the benefits of 90 AGI for avoidance, etc.

The other thing that I'm wondering about is how often I'd really want to equip either version - if I don't need to use a Def trinket, most of the time my inclination would be to use a STA trinket.

I will probably still get one eventually, because I can use the STR for threat/when soloing/when outgearing stuff/as Ret. Might get the AGI one for my Shaman, as well.

As far as the costs, keep your eyes peeled on the AH and you'll get some cards for a steal. I got many BC cards for a fraction of the typical market price.
_________________
Majiben
Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:32 pm
74 BV makes it a tasty mitigation trinket.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
theothersteve7
Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:21 pm
Wow, didn't see the STR version. Totally worth carrying around for soloing and overgeared fights.
_________________
Stevadin, Level 80 BE Paladin, Maelstrom. BS/JC.
Forming a fresh guild with some RL friends; currently focused on professions and leveling alts.

"We're currently attempting to form a guild with the intended purpose of Steving WoW."
Lewid
Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:48 pm
Assuming that one gets lucky and got the exact cards you needed every time, each card would still cost of roughly 11'200 gold, given the price of materials on my server (using average data from the last 3 weeks).

The only way to reasonably get this is to get lucky and nick cards for cheap. Most likely you will end up paying way more than the 11k. Right now cards are running 2-3k each and 5k for aces on my server.

Not a bad thing, but I would not shell out even a quarter of that for a trinket I'd use only when I already outgear a fight.

Edit:

However, this trinket will be of the utmost value to a lot of other classes.
_________________
Submit to freedom or be destroyed.
Grims
Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:20 pm
do you guys really have problems with aggro? after 10 seconds i am far in front of the others, i prefere stam trinket + alchemy trinket.

the +90 str trinket also costs about 10k gold min at our server atm

eternal life prices rising by 10g per day, about 100g today^^
Candiru
Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:58 am
yeah, its really annoying that these cards use Eternal life as the prices are going so high.

My tanking ring + tanking flasks need Eternal life, have some pity!