Skip to content
Maintankadin

Remember the Titan...steel gear!!

Lewyn
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:09 am

Remember the Titan...steel gear!!

Now, I'm debating whether or not to craft Titansteel Shield Wall. On one hand, its a good easily attainable shield. On the other hand, Royal Crest of Lordaeron is a sweet shield and maybe a better shield (?) despite losing 13 def rating.

My question is this...Is it worth it to craft the Titansteel Shield Wall when I can obtain the Royal Crest of Lordaeron, even though the latter is a % drop in Heroic: CoT.


Also, there are currently 2 rare-quality helms with meta sockets in them, are they better then the Tempered Titansteel Helm?
Consecrator
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:16 am
As for the shield i think it would depend on how much def you have. If you arent capped and the crafted shield will make you capped, or closer to it then its worth it. If you dont need the def then the COT one is prob better
_________________
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
Ulushnar
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:31 am
I had the mats lying around from mining like a silly bugger, so I ponied up, bought a Frozen Orb from the AH and got my mate to make it for me. I've had too much bad luck with drops not to grab a sure thing when I see it.
_________________
Blog


Do you use your powers for Good, or for Awesome?
Tbolt
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:36 am
I made it and I love it. I was pretty close to cap (at 539) and this punted me over, it also has the benefit of having a 100% drop rate so I don't have to worry about running COT everyday.
The COT shield may be a bit more threat and stam, but I'm not lacking threat and the extra def lets me move gear around to make up for the stam.

Also on a personal note I love the look of this shield way more than the other one, so I'm planning on using mine for a while to come.
_________________
mconeone
Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:20 am
The Shield Wall is a great way to put yourself over the defense cap, especially when your gear is fluctuating and would cause you to trash a gem or enchant. Once things settle down a bit then you should have enough badges to be able to afford the badge shield.
_________________
Kracus
Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:09 am
I hit the defense cap with no issue and never crafted any of the gear :\

I did make the SD mace for our druid healer. That's about it. I have the Saronite shield and I'm probably going to get the badge shield if the crest doesn't drop in the next day or two.
_________________

Your mom is a 6 pull.
OntetheProt
Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:55 am
I made one and put 20 def on it. Its nice. If you get the other then you have two leet shields in your bag. Not a negative thing.
_________________
80 - 5/60/6 - Stonemaul
Drae
Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:09 am
I got both, using the CoT one for my "threat set".
fuzzygeek
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:09 am
Depends on how available gear is to you. The Titansteel shield is excellent for hitting baseline def, but there are too many shields I would consider superior or decent alternative that don't cost (on my server) a couple thousand gold. I had both Badge shield and CoT shield (dropped about 23 minutes after buying and enchanting badge shield ><).

If you need it for the def, it's great.
Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.
_________________