Skip to content
Maintankadin

WOTLK Gem Guide

Vanrip
Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:18 am

WOTLK Gem Guide

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet.. I looked around the site and was unable to find it. I saw the nice WOTLK gear and enchant guides, but the WOTLK gem guide as missing. So figure i would contribute. I research the best gems for prot pallies. If I missed any, please post. I will add them..

Gems
Meta
Austere Earthsiege Diamond+32 Stamina and 2% Increased Armor Value from Items
Eternal Earthsiege Diamond+21 Defense Rating and +5% Shield Block Value
Powerful Earthsiege Diamond+32 Stamina and Stun Duration Reduced by 10%
Effulgent Skyflare Diamond+32 Stamina and Reduce Spell Damage Taken by 2%

Blue
Solid Sky Sapphire+24 Stamina
Yellow
Thick Autumn's Glow+16 Defense Rating
Red
Subtle Scarlet Ruby+16 Dodge Rating
Flashing Scarlet Ruby+16 Parry Rating
Delicate Scarlet Ruby+16 Agility
Purple
Defender's Twilight Opal+8 Parry Rating and +12 Stamina
Regal Twilight Opal+8 Dodge Rating and +12 Stamina
Shifting Twilight Opal+8 Agility and +12 Stamina
Sovereign Twilight Opal+8 Strength and +12 Stamina
Green
Enduring Forest Emerald+8 Defense Rating and +12 Stamina
Orange
Champion's Monarch Topaz+8 Strength and +8 Defense Rating
Glimmering Monarch Topaz+8 Parry Rating and +8 Defense Rating
Resolute Monarch Topaz+8 Expertise Rating and +8 Defense Rating
Stalwart Monarch Topaz+8 Dodge Rating and +8 Defense Rating
_________________
Majiben
Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:36 pm
Gems and enchants are covered here.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Arjuna
Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:16 am
but man will it take a long time to buy all these recepies with only 1 token / day!!!

tanking gems first, and the ring and neck recepies...fortunately I got a 2nd JC that will buy the dragon's eyes for me...
_________________
Majiben
Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:58 pm
This doesn't seem like a guide to me. It seems like an incomplete list with some gems that don't belong (+16 agility? Get defense/dodge for avoidance or Str for mitigation and threat).
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC