Skip to content
Maintankadin

Replacing gear already?

AutomaticZen
Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:30 am

Replacing gear already?

I was expecting to ride into 75-76 before seeing anything remotely close to what I have. I was barely paying attention to quest rewards until I saw this thing as a choice.

Tiled Stone Pendant

That's better than most of the neck pieces you could grab in TBC!

And then I did the Nexus and got Tundra Pauldrons as a quest reward. I actually had to do a double take.

Is anyone else seeing upgrades/sidegrades coming a lot earlier than they expected?
Torquemada
Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:31 am
They tanking quest drops are ok, and definately a step up if you were in blues, maybe even Kara gear, but I'm going to hold on to my stuff just a bit longer.
_________________
BigBlueCheese
Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:33 am
Kara gear and generally any gear with 115 ilvl is going to get replace fast with early dungeon drops and blue quest rewards. I replaced the SSO dps neck with a quest reward blue from UK.

But if you're in BT/Sunwell gear, it'll last til 76 and up.
_________________

Guillex
Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:35 am
Unfortunately, in BT and HF, there aren't that many upgrades... The pauldrons and neck are going to replace any dungeon/T4/T5 you may have had ...

Other than that, if you're in badge gear or higher, it'll last you for a long time.
_________________
Póg mo thóin

Eanin
Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:01 am
I'm still using the Kara neck (despite having t6 gear in almost every other slot), and the UT quest neck is replacing it.

However, the t6 stuff will last a while. I'm really just not going to worry about gear until 80.
_________________
Guillex
Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:07 am
I think the only thing you have to look forward to is the blue quest sword near 74-75.

Other than that ... meh.
_________________
Póg mo thóin

Constantine
Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:07 am
How does the gear look so far? Am I going to be walking around in a clown suit until I hit tier 7?
_________________
No armory link necessary. I am so awesome that if you clicked my armory link, your computer would explode.
Or perhaps whatever the opposite of that statement would be.
Flex
Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:49 am
I expect rings, necklaces and cloaks will be replaced soonish since they weren't reitemized with Strength while the LK will be itemized with Strength.
Frickit
Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:55 am
took the blue shoulders and a blue neck and Im not even 71 yet. Some of the greens are a little too close to my epics for comfort (mostly ret stuff) but my purples still are holding out for now.
_________________
Arcand
Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:58 am
I'm taking the first halfway-decent shoulders I see just to get these wooden skull racks off of me.

(I speak of the good-but-hideous Pauldrons of Stone Resolve.)
Arcand
Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:42 am
I took the Woven Steel to replace the Barbed Choker. It cost me a point of defense, which I hated, but 54 attack power ain't bad.

And I was horny to upgrade some gear, admittedly.