Skip to content
Maintankadin

Heroic UP day 14...

Cylan
Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:34 pm
All I have to say is...

Devilshark Cape
The Steamvault
75 times

I was exalted with CE and got the bracer enchant before I got the cape.
_________________
Sanctify
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:14 pm
I got my 2nd sword tonight, will enchant this one with +75 sta

/duck
_________________
Tiranknight
Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:46 pm
I finally got one after killing Ymiron 11, or 12 times... lost track of count. Still really annoyed it took that long considering having a premier tanking weapon was a priority for me... and I did not have troubles with other tanking drops in Heroics... I would have gladly waited a few more runs to get the Stam Trinket from Azjol, Epic ring from Drak', or even the Leggings from VH if it meant I could get this sword earlier.

Still not as bad as farming regular Mech for either the Jade Skull Breastplate, or the Helm of the Righteous... took me like 60-70 runs before either one would drop. I would run Mech maybe 3-5 times per day back then if I could get the groups. Looking back I wondered how I could have such terrible luck.
phaqueue
Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm
Have a warrior friend who routinely has me tank his runs cause he knows I have one already (he's a DPS warrior - putting together a tank set for when dual-specs hit)

It's funny tho because since I got mine... he has come on every run with me (like 10-12 runs) and we have not had another one drop yet...

lol
_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" -Douglas Adams
schwadorf
Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:05 pm
I had the sword dropped in my first ever UP run but the DPS warrior decided to need on it too because he might spec prot later. Guess who won? >.> (He's still DPS btw)

I've been farming all the tanking trinkets like crazy yet only one I've seen is the one from Thaddius. And I got out-rolled on that too.

Killed Baron 198 times after 3.0.2 (that was in the first two weeks after the patch, I gave up later) and haven't seen the mount dropped.

Yesterday, I went to Karazhan just to see if I could solo Attumen and guess what, the mount dropped. And I don't even like it since when I first saw it.

Stupid RNG.
Nyree
Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:12 am
Utgarde Keep was my fist heroic dungeon, and luckly i got the sword on my first run hahaha! A guild friend of mine got really pissed when i told him that because he had to run the instance 15 times to get the sword.
jedimatt
Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:53 am
Another day.

Heroic Violet Hold - no trinket
Heroic Stratholme - no shield
Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle - no sword

Maybe tonight will be better. =/
_________________
SellassieTanks
Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:54 am
QQ

So, I have been 80 for 3weeks now, and this is my story....LOL, J/K
But seriously I have run 10/25man Obsidian every week, 10/25 Vault, Heroic Violet hold, Pinnacle, CoT, (Those instances daily) and the occasional Old Kingdom/ AN plus some limited time in Naxx as my school schedule interfered w/ raiding ( no longer b/c FINALS are done today!) but In all of these runs and daily saves I have NOT EVEN ROLLED on anything... It's actually getting a little damn annoying
_________________