Skip to content
Maintankadin

[LIST] Tanking Gear Uncrushability Values

Ciandin
Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:41 pm
The weapon example is a poor choice for an example since you'll be wanting a spell damage weapon, bit I think I understand what your asking.

I think if you did find something like that, it wouldn't be worth the epic gem. You'd probably have to go for a Subtle Living ruby (.42% dodge) or thick dawnstone (.54% towards uncrush).

This would give you at most 1.62% for 3 gem slots in a chest. That would put that particular mystery breastplate on par with The Exarch's Protector (1.55% on the list). For boots, you would get at most 2 sockets (1.08%) putting you on par with the Bloodguard's Greaves. Both of these items are so low on the list anyway you really aren't gaining anything.

I do remember a certain pair of boots, however, with a crapload of stamina and 2 sockets and I think it dropped in Botanica or Arcatraz. You might want to look into those if you haven't gotten your Flesh Beasts.
redlenses
Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:30 pm
It looks like a NEW item should be added to the Trinket section (I saw this linked in the advanced training forum)

Guardian's Alchemist Stone (Equip: Increases defense rating by 54)
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35748
Fredric
Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:10 pm
The second one has block value, that doesn't increase the chance to block. Just the damage you block gets more.
Vidhya
Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:40 pm
Ahh I see! Thanks Fredric.

Vidhya
djlar
Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:10 am
I need advice been carrying Platinum Shield of the Valorous for ages now..

I hit exalted on the Shattered sun so I now can buy the Dawnforged Defender.

So basically adds 0.95 dogde and like 1.2K armor, with about the same stam, and will lose some defense.

with the change I still will be 510 defense and about 103 avoidability, but will gain extra 1.2K armor and almost 1% dodge, I could enchant the new shield with major block...

I'm long ways to getting any other epic Shield, so the very next "upgrade" should be this one.. it's not even expensive so I could carry both.. there is also a spell damage shield with that same vendor that I could use..


http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34676 Dawnforged Defender - 0.95% (Dodge) **new**
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27887 Platinum Shield of the Valorous - 1.62% (Def)
Ciandin
Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:15 am
Buy two defenders...one with stam and one with tough shield enchants!
_________________
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Ciandin
Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:32 pm
Isn't 18 stam just like 18 arcane dusts?
_________________
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Janduin
Wed May 14, 2008 12:19 am
I'm pretty certain Eternium Shell Bracers contribute less to uncrushability than Wristguards of Determination. Can you correct this please?
_________________
Tresjynn
Mon May 19, 2008 4:02 pm
Ah, yeah. Apparently either the dodge or the block didn't get counted in the calculations on those.
_________________
Two accounts, two tankadins! Raaar.