Skip to content
Maintankadin

Epic Tank Gear Progression List

Aalryn
Sat May 03, 2008 1:12 am
booo damn sunwell and not raiding atm. now i'm down to the #2 gear on most of these Sad
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius

Old FFXI signatures are FTW. Miss my hot mithra
Boomtank
Mon May 05, 2008 1:21 pm
#3 Chesplate of Stoicism - 100 Badge of Justice
#3 Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian - 75 Badge of Justice

i cant decide....
_________________
Lewid
Mon May 05, 2008 4:35 pm
sticky!
Boomtank
Tue May 06, 2008 11:39 am
yeah i dont think survivability is gonna be an issue most of our healers are t6 level and we're 3/6 ssc 3/4 tk almost all bosses were 1 shot we just havnt had time to try hydross or leo yet ;\

but our dps is also ahead so i should probably go for spell damage
_________________
Imbur
Wed May 07, 2008 11:51 pm
You healers are t6 level without you clearing TK or SSC? Hrmm. Havent killed Hydross or Leo? So unless you and a bunch of buddies from a Hyjal/BT guild joined a lesser guild, you guild would be T5 level with some missing pieces?

I would suggest going for threat. When you hit t6 content your dps will scale much faster than you healers do. Im full T6 atm and I find myself popping trinkets/Avenging Wrath/pots to stay above my DPS'ers.
_________________
Doloth
Thu May 08, 2008 12:06 pm
I know its not quite confirmed yet, but in case nobody has mentioned it, Season 4 holds at least a couple items that may be of interest (should anybody be willing/able to get a high enough rating).

First is the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35094

Obviously it rivals the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34185 but in some ways, such as EH, it may even be a bit better. All the irony of one of the best tanking shield in the game coming from arena aside, this is worthy of note.

Also is the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35014 which, from what I've seen, beats Tempest of Chaos (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30910).

If you have reasons why not to put these up, by all means, I just "discovered" these a couple days ago, found they were better than I expected, and came looking here to see if this thread had posted anything about them Smile
_________________
Dilvish
Sun May 11, 2008 8:34 pm
Thanks for this list! I use it in conjunction with the others stickied above. Might be worth a sticky of its own imo Very Happy
_________________
Jadlak
Wed May 21, 2008 7:23 pm
bump for usefullness over the other more barren list.

another threat trinket perhaps?

the one from heroic magisters terrace. consecrate can trigger it afaik so makes it reasonable.
Egtheridon
Thu May 22, 2008 1:29 pm
I wish i had this list about two months ago. I didn't even know about the sethick halls shoulders until after i got the shoulders from netherspite, and before the netherspite shoulders I had the dungeon three shoulders, if i'd have known I would have farmed heroic sethick halls a bit more.

I love the maintankadin forums cause it has allowed me to read and improve my gear choices, talents, and tanking skills, but considering this site was meant to help tanks gear up, the original list (while awesome), isn't as helpful as it can be. Regardless of difficulty or path to get an item if its superior it should be included(vengeful weapon, pauldrons of stone resolve(ZA).)

Lieris has done an amazing job, but if this list is more helpful, why make it a tab on the MT gear progresion thread, and just sticky this one. This list is more helpful and considering this site was meant to help tankadins, why put a less helpful list up. Or atleast update the other list to include more stuff.
_________________
Paladin/70/Rivendare
JfLiP
Thu May 22, 2008 3:47 pm
I always thought the T4 shoulders were better than the T5 shoulders due to the higher avoidance
_________________
Seloei
Fri May 23, 2008 12:35 am
t4 shoulders are better for aoe tanking, due to the fact they have block rating, not pure avoidance. t5 shoulders for your usual boss sets, t4 for aoe trash (or if you can't pick up both, use the ones you have for both situations).

ZA shoulders are a bit better for aoe situations tho than t4/5.

would love if this thread would be stickied and the other one referenced in here. The old list is "biased" and misses a looot of stuff
_________________
brimstoner
Wed May 28, 2008 7:23 am
I want to say that this thread is far and away more helpful to someone who needs to know where they can get gear. It makes it easier than having to just look at MT Gear advice only. IMO sticky this or unsticky the other, they are two different lists even if they overlap. The other list isnt as helpful.
_________________