Skip to content
Maintankadin

What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

Braundo
Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

halabar wrote: I've got signet of winter, earthshaker and the older badge ring, and when I look at them in ratingbuster, the EoT ring is an up, but not a huge one. Best stat increase is like +300 heath, but it's a plus to dodge, but a minus to other def stats.

Replacing Signet of Winter with the badge ring is a pretty gigantic upgrade if you aren't drowning in defense rating.
Marrus
Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

halabar wrote:I'm wondering what rings people have that they think the ring is that great?


The signet is a good ring for trash/5-man tanking, and the clutch is great for raid boss tanking (and pretty good for trash/5-mans). If RatingBuster is telling you this isn't hugely in favor of the clutch, it's not a useful tool to gauge raid tanking gear.

Clutch of Fortification vs Signet of the Earthshaker:
20 Sta
13 Str
560 Armor (physical EH equivalent to ~ 51 stamina)
7 Defense
40 Dodge
-102 Block Value
-32 Block Rating

Using Rawr's burst time scale with zero threat weight and raid buffs, Clutch of Fortification gets a score of 158 and Signet gets a score of 93. For comparison, Titanium Earthguard Ring is 99, Leviathan's Coil is 130, Signet of Winter is 131, Fate's Clutch is 139).

Note 1: The numbers are only meaningful in the context of the burst time rating scale
Note 2: The numbers are dependent on your Rawr configuration. To get meaningful results from Rawr for raid tanking gear, you should set mob damage to at least 80000.
Grehn|Skipjack
Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

halabar wrote:I'm wondering what rings people have that they think the ring is that great?

Titaniuim Earthguard Ring.
Corpsicle
Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: What is the first item you are getting for EoTs?

I'm looking at the trinket actually. I'm mostly limited to the gear out of the 10 man normal and hard modes. Our 25 man is starting to fold due to lack of interest and progression so the incredibly bad luck I've had with 25 man trinkets (Ignis is a stingy bugger - 1 trinket dropped the last few months) means I'm using Essence of Gossamer, the Black Heart for stamina trinkets. My other options are the Furnace Stone and the Defender's code.

There are some interesting options for avoidance trinkets in the 10 man normal mode, and I'm hoping that the stamina trinket from 25 man normal will drop on 10 man hard. In the meantime, the armor trinket from vendors is very tempting.