Skip to content
Maintankadin

Looks like bad news...

Lavnihs
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:25 am
I'm using Crusader on principle. "When it procs" (there's your disclaimer) it's still more threat / mitigation than TBC potency.

We're kinda stuck. The only realistic way I can see for us to get a good tanking enchant is to put some kind of stipulation on it where it does a stance/RF/presence check. That would allow us to get something like 2h weapon agility or something on a 1 hander, and not have it abused by melee dps in a way blizzard doesn't like / arena.

Enchant 1H Weapon - Guardian
Chance on hit to increase healing received by 10%, and armor increased by 10% for 15 seconds.
Requires Righteous Fury / Defensive Stance / Bear Form / Frost Presence.

The only thing that would make that difficult is RF isn't a stance as the others are, and could be used by ret in arena, although I don't know why you would want to given other options.
_________________
Lavnihs -BE Prot Pally, <Deceit> Anetheron

1/1 Hogger (pre-nerf)
kp3t3houg
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:38 am
a proc from crusader may be more threat (i really doubt, but im sure there is a topic on this already) but .... its a proc ? Also the enchant you are proposing is waaay to good, and i seriously doubt there will be such a thing in game at all.

Quote from GC`s post
trellian
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:46 am
please please please give me a defense rating on weapon enchant...

I'm a BS with 2 extra sockets, but i still have to cram so many +16 defense gems everywhere it's getting silly.

Every single drop from naxx-10 which would be an upgrade for me has about 2 less defense on it Sad (except for maybe 1 trinket and those damn rings which refuse to drop)

It's getting rediculous... I've allready got like 3 upgrades for me banked, just because I can't fit them in currently.
_________________
Sytaena
gmf1
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:54 am
Im not be unhappy about the loss of the weapon stam chant, we still have bracers. But we do need old potency mk2 or defence. Agi is great but its about choise, and proc chants are not my favorite as a tank i believe consistency is good, procs are not (mongoose, crusader).
_________________
Lavnihs
Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:25 am
Crusader proc at 80 is 30 str. So while its up yea, it is. Over time I'm sure potency would win out, I was pointing more towards the lameness that a 60 vanilla enchant is better threatwise than anything from WotLK for us. (I know I'm making a generalization here. No I don't know the uptime and what it would average to be over time.)

What I posted was just an example, an idea if you will. The values could be changed and what not. For that matter, it wouldn't even have to have a DK listing, and DK's have their own enchants via runeforging if I understand correctly.

Say it was 2% armor, those numbers were just generalizations.

For that matter you could put any tank specific enchant into that statement by GC.
_________________
Lavnihs -BE Prot Pally, <Deceit> Anetheron

1/1 Hogger (pre-nerf)
Levantine
Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:27 am
Rune of the Fallen Crusader ftw! \o/
_________________
Levantine: 10/15 Nax (10), Sarth+0 (10), 4/15 Nax (25), Sarth+0 (25)
Anzen: 1/1 Hogger (40)
kp3t3houg
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:51 am
that depends on the situation. In a fight with alot of moving and running arround (Malygos kite) some of my dps happen to ask for Salvation, due to high agro. This happens only if we lack hunter for MD and with lock, cos they teleport down on the ground while we are in vortex and dps the shit out of him Smile And still, we dont know what will be in Ulduar Smile

P.S just had an idea, the new taunt we get, will work as a Warriors/Druids taunt - make us equal with the person that is first in aggro list ? If works like this, we will just have to put taunt in our rotation in such a situations, and we should be fine ?
_________________