Skip to content
Maintankadin

MT gear progression

Phonic
Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:34 pm
Can we update the front post with the SSO BOJ pieces? Like [Shattrath Protectorate's Breastplate]?
Holywarrior
Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:53 am
Shattrath Protectorate's Breastplate, if u honestly spent 100badges on this

A. You fail at being a MT
or
B. You want to tank nothing but trash
or
C. Being an OT for a superior tank is your current goal
_________________


Firetree-US
Ragingsoul
Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:13 am
I'm still using Chestplate of Stoicism over Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian for more defense rating. that way, I can use the SSO nekless for exemple, that doesn't have any defensive stats to say, but hit rating and expertise.
Since expertise gives about the same threat output as spell dmg, but also reduce the income of dmg, and gives a more constant aggo, I really think it should be on the list, the chest and the nekless.

in our days, being exalted with scryer/aldor isn't really difficult either, and the proc is also one of the bets in the game, dodge or expertise.

do people share my vision of things?
sapientialb
Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:41 am
Any thoughts on redoing this based upon upcoming changes in 3.0? Depending on how the release cycle pans out we may have 2-3 months worth of tanking with 3.0 talents.

We haven't gotten any definitive info from Bliz about reitemization for 3.0 so maybe its a moot point. They did change the Tier/PVP gear for enhance shammys from STR to AP to who knows.

I know I'm sorta concerned as to where I'm going to find the ~47 points of defense rating to get back to uncrittable.
_________________


"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
Mandra
Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:59 am
It was changed in Build 8905. See http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15318.0 for a list of changed gear. The Epic Tank Gear Progression List is far more accurate now, but both will need changed regardless.
_________________
Taintedpally
Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:27 am
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32083
Is this not as good as I thought it was? Without reading through this entire thread I have not seen it listed and am curious if I screwed up by getting it.
_________________
SellassieTanks
Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:03 am
Obsolete! Thanks for this sticky, has been wonderful in the pre 3.0 days. Great job!